if i vote obama, will market recover quicker

Discussion in 'Politics' started by liulala, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Prevail

Prevail Guest

the world is fleeing U.S. capital markets. obama will only make it worse.

#31     Oct 10, 2008
  2. ipatent

ipatent

Not before a whole bunch of people get pardons.

#32     Oct 10, 2008
  3. clacy

clacy

Yes, this will likely happen, just as it did with Clinton. That's politics as usual. These crooked fucks are all the same.

#33     Oct 10, 2008
  4. Look at it like this

McCain's polices are similar to Bush(No diffrence i can see)

Obamas polices are similar To Clinton's

I'd take 1992-1998 over 2000-2008 anyday

#34     Oct 10, 2008
  5. Stocks will go up and go down regardless who is president. Aren't you the guy that's been posting for about the last year that we are entering a new bull market ?!?!?

Anyways, Barrack Hussein Obama WILL be the next president and there will be a solid Democrat majority Congress behind him. There will be liberal, freedom-oriented judges appointed to the Supreme Court and the lower federal courts. The EPA, OSHA, FDA, FCC, FTC and other agencies will once again do the jobs that they were assigned to do.

A new age of progressive politics has begun. It is so fitting that the age of Conservativism, whicih began as a racist reaction to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, will now end with the election of a black president.

#35     Oct 10, 2008
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Equality for all......What does that mean? No more school grades for children, No winners in sports. I trade and make 500k you trade and make 5k I should send you a check.
    Yes, equality of opportunity but not equality for outcome.

Like Obama says 95% of taxpayers get a tax cut yet 40% pay no tax right now, so 40% will just get a check from the 5% who will pay the difference. In some communities they call that street money ..just buying votes.

It is brutally unfair.

#36     Oct 10, 2008
  7. Its brutally unfair that a hedge fund manager can make 50 million dollars and pay 15 % in federal taxes by filing his income as capital gains while a teacher or a cop has to pay 28 % of their 35,000 a year salary in taxes

Its brutally unfair that George Bush pays his friend/owner of blackwater 1,000 a day for a blackwater soldier fighting in Iraq while a regular soldier makes only 200.00 a day

Its Brutally unfair that haliburten is making hundreds of billions of dollars off this Iraq war while soldiers coming home cant get the care they need

i could go on and on but Obama putting a stop to those type of activities is the reason he gets my vote

#37     Oct 10, 2008
  8. If you read point 2, Cheney resigns first then Bush appoints the winner of the election AFTER congressional approval... THEN Bush resigns making the vice-president the President. Pelosi would not be President under these circumstances. They would both resign but it would depend on the order and congressional approval.

1. Dick Cheney resigns on November 13th, and George Bush appoints the winner of the November 4th election to be Vice-President.
    2. Upon Congressional approval of that choice, Bush resigns on November 14th, and the newly-installed Vice-President gets sworn in as President.
    3. The new President appoints his running mate to the Vice-Presidency, and Congress approves.

#38     Oct 10, 2008

9. I'm missing something. What does this accomplish? On Jan. 21, 2009 the newly elected president would take office.

Don't Bush & Cheny need the 2.5 months to shred, burn, & cover-up their crimes? Assuming your dates of 11/13 and 11/14 they would never be able to accomplish this.

#39     Oct 10, 2008
  10. Mercor

Mercor

This incentive is to get investors to take risks. You may pay only 15% taxes, but you also may lose your original investment.
    Under a salary, there no risk of original capital.

I agree both salary and capital gains should be 15%

Its brutally unfair that George Bush pays his friend/owner of blackwater 1,000 a day for a blackwater soldier fighting in Iraq while a regular soldier makes only 200.00 a day[/QUOTE]

You must believe that it would be proper for US soldiers to offer private security services for corporate and wealthy executives. The Democrats already hate executives. Anyways, most of the Blackwater are ex-soldiers. Both jobs are volunteer.

Its Brutally unfair that Halliburton is making hundreds of billions of dollars off this Iraq war while soldiers coming home cant get the care they need[/QUOTE]

Do you want the US army to build highways, schools, infrastructure, pipelines. The Army has said many times that there are few companies that can handle these projects in war zones. I suppose we could invite the Russians and Iran to do the job.

#40     Oct 10, 2008