if i vote obama, will market recover quicker

Discussion in 'Politics' started by liulala, Oct 10, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

As far as i'm concerned we are left with no choice: It's bright, articulate, well-educated and energetic, surrounded by smart, experienced individuals with a competent VP candidate; versus a few years, if lucky, from death and senility, surrounded by horrible advisors (Phil Gramm), and a lunatic VP candidate.

Regardless of political leanings, what choice is there?

I won't say who is who here. You have to guess.:D

#11     Oct 10, 2008
  2. No, here are the steps... Pelosi would not be president which would be scary.

1. Dick Cheney resigns on November 13th, and George Bush appoints the winner of the November 4th election to be Vice-President.
    2. Upon Congressional approval of that choice, Bush resigns on November 14th, and the newly-installed Vice-President gets sworn in as President.
    3. The new President appoints his running mate to the Vice-Presidency, and Congress approves.

#12     Oct 10, 2008
  3. are you one of those reptilian aliens? :eek:

#13     Oct 10, 2008
  4. Moderators

>>>>>>How is this post about trading and not CHIT CHAT or Politics???!! ?

#14     Oct 10, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not sure about your POST.

But the THREAD definitely belongs there.

#15     Oct 10, 2008
  6. Sure and the earth is flat.

#16     Oct 10, 2008
  7. dsq

dsq

while the markets usually like a gop leader over dem,i think if mcain is elected the markets could tank severely.I dont think he inspires confidence.He doesnt seem to know much about econ 101 and i dont think he s willing to learn anything new given his age and ego .
    Obama is lacking in econ 101 but im sure he knows it and is open to suggestions.I almost fell over when mcain said he would appoint meg whitman from ebay to sec. of treasury.Obama's choice was warren buffet.

#17     Oct 10, 2008
  8. new$

new$

Must be with GS.

#18     Oct 10, 2008
    #19     Oct 10, 2008
  10. Iceman14

Iceman14

I agree, wholeheartedly. And I also believe than an Obama victory would lead to a quicker recovery. If McCain gets elected, there will be a lot of seriously-depressed Americans who will only exacerbate the recession by continuing to make recessionary or depression-like proclamations to the public (even if it the economy were to improve). This was somewhat true even during the most recent "bull-market" of ~2003-2007, when many left-leaning political analysts/politicians continued to dog the economy during growth phases, though we now know just how legitimate that post 9/11 recovery really was. On the other hand, I don't believe McCain supporters will be as likely to hold a grudge or espouse such depressing views and commentary should he lose.

Remember, half of economics is mental/pyschological. If people believe there will be new day rising with an Obama presidency, then they will behave and act like that. But if they believe a McCain administration will only prolong our current predicament, they are more likely to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm a not partisan loyalist to either party, and I have severe disagreements with the far political left, but I have to admit that I think we need an Obama presidency to start to help get us out of this mess. Just my two cents...

#20     Oct 10, 2008