If I think Gas Will Be 4.50+ On July 4th What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by DrAtomic, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Do the trade with July options. Don't touch RBOB futs.

#21     Mar 13, 2008
  2. this is sounds like chapter 1 of "how do i blow out an account".

#22     Mar 14, 2008
  3. DrAtomic

DrAtomic

Thanks for you help. I don't care about this money. I could camble it away or I can try something new and buy Unleaded Gas. How much would I be up already? You can't let the fear of something new stop you from tring it.

#23     Mar 14, 2008
  4. it's funny how the RB contract can be more liquid outside regular hours than during.

#24     Mar 14, 2008
  5. DrAtomic

DrAtomic

If I only could figure out how to buy a future or option. This would have been a great move, maybe next summer. Who am I kidding I have no idea how to do this and never will. I hate my brain for being so incompetent. :mad:

#25     May 16, 2008
  6. Open a small account real money account with Interactive Brokers (but don't trade the real money) and then open a Paper Trade account with them.

You can then fund the paper trade account with whatever amount you want/will be likely to trade with. Fund it with a small amount like 10-20K and see how it works.

I believe that $100K US is about what one would want to start with in equity to be safe trading futures, and start off slow.

You can very easily loose 100K in a week, or even days, if you overtrade the wrong moves.

If you only have 10K equity, you are dead in the water in futures, you will get margin called, you will lose, I guarantee it.

PM me and I will go over my own experience with this with you.

#26     May 17, 2008