If I KNOW How to Trade and Manage Risk, Why Can't I Do It When the Money Counts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rande Howell, Nov 1, 2011.

1. The title of this thread is an oxymoron. To KNOW how to trade requires that you be able to do it. If you can't do it, then you merely think you know but you do not. That is the beauty of trading; it's all between your ears.

#21     Nov 2, 2011
  2. In golf very little talent gap exists between the elite and the also rans. It is the mental aspect of the game that separates the two. Both sets of golfers know how to play golf. Both know how to drive and put. That is a large part of golf. Add the inner game adds a new dimension to the game. Same as with trading.

Many people that trade could teach others how to trade, but can't trade effectively themselves because they have not mastered their inner game. It is also the last place a trader will look and work for improvement.

So, I disagree. Knowing how to perform and actually performing are very different. Both are needed.

Rande Howell

#22     Nov 2, 2011
  3. It would help if you clarified this statement.

If you haven't mastered your "inner self" you can still teach people how to trade? Does this mean you trade and lose but you lose because you haven't mastered the mental thingy? Hence it's wothwhile to teach this method to someone?

You trade but have some winners and some losers but the reason you are consistenly a winner is because you haven't mastered your inner game?

Suppose we hire a psy trading coach who doesn't trade but can help us master our inner self. Will this help? Why aren't more people in the psychiatric profession traders?

#23     Nov 2, 2011