If I defined God as...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 18, 2009.

If I defined God as totality, would you say God then exists by that definition?

1. No

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. stu

stu

Wicked :D

#31     Apr 19, 2009
  2. i was hoping for a bit more encouragement .. is 'wicked a synonym for valid :D

#32     Apr 19, 2009
  3. well i've just proved that god exists hows that for being a mate

#33     Apr 19, 2009
  4. What you think you prove is irrelevant, and certainly does not make you a mate...

#34     Apr 19, 2009
  5. "Titality..."

Fake word games, as expected...

#35     Apr 19, 2009
  6. You're the one playing word games throwing various definitions against the wall in vain attempt to find one just ONE that might stick :D

#36     Apr 19, 2009
  7. My point was - the premise starts with a conclusion. That is equating the word Totality with God.

Totality could be replaced with "Omniverse". The existence of a multi-dimensional Omniverse does not imply the Omniverse has independent consciousness above the existence of consciousness in it's separate parts.

So - it is back to the refined definition of Totality - maybe even what your definition of God is.

If you feel that an Omniverse "being" without "thinking" is sufficient to use the word God, then you could attribute Omniverse as synonymous to God also, though that would not be a traditional approach.

#37     Apr 19, 2009
  8. Only one definition, totality...

Unlimited is the nature of totality...

The vanity is in you son, not in anything I am doing...

#38     Apr 19, 2009
  9. How am I vain? YOU, not me, are here searching for validation thread after thread for your extraordinary belief in the supernatural.

You bel;ve you're special
    :D

#39     Apr 19, 2009
  10. How are you vain?

In nearly an unlimited number of ways...

#40     Apr 19, 2009