If GM goes bankrupt how will their cars get serviced?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by wilburbear, Aug 6, 2008.

1. bozak

bozak

I don't think they will go bankrupt anytime soon. They have lost many so many quarters that it is hard to count, but somehow they are still able to get new debt financing whenever they need it.

#21     Aug 6, 2008
  2. Stupid thread and premise. Americans will never give up the priviledge of driving their cars. This isn't Japan where land mass is thin, this is America where everything is wide open and demands the freedom of driving personal vehicles across the country.

There is too much politics tied into US automakers. No president/president elect is going to let US car manufacturers fail. You want a global depression and rising unemployment fallout?

Quit being a fear monger.

If anything, I'd be stepping in to buy Ford right now at these levels and holding to see it significantly higher in the mid-teens in 3-4 years.

I have to admit though that GM looks like it will soften more into single digits.

#22     Aug 6, 2008

3. GM now won't service the Impala. More like this on the way.

It just never pays to get involved with a company like GM that has a history of bad business practices!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/19/gm-impala-lawsuit-idUSN1E77I0Z820110819

#23     Aug 21, 2011
  4. Illum

Illum

A lot of cop cars. Departments should go Ford.

#24     Aug 21, 2011
  5. #25     Aug 21, 2011
  6. Joe

Joe

#26     Aug 21, 2011
  7. oddsman

oddsman

I wonder why Reuters failed to mention GM warranties '07 and '08 vehicles every single day and even allows dealerships to "good will" warranty repairs on vehicles as old as 2005.

"New GM's warranty obligations for vehicles sold by Old GM are limited to the express terms and conditions in the Old GM written warranties on a going-forward basis"

Sounds like the bean counters are saying new GM will honor the 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (which the tie-rods are covered under) and the 5yr/100,00 mile powertrain warranty from the bankrupt GM, but they're out on a warranty extension. How unreasonable of them.

#27     Aug 22, 2011