If Fed cuts only 25, what is best strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DataCruncher, Jan 30, 2008.

1. BTW, look at this puppy sell going into the close!

#31     Jan 30, 2008
  2. I stopped trading early today and wasn't listening to the news. Anybody's newsfeed pick up the FGIC downgrade, and if so, what was the timestamp on it?

Dylan Ratigan is saying something about a downgrade about bond insurer FGIC that times real closely with the selloff.

I'm wondering if you could have timed going short exactly with the time you heard about the FGIC downgrade....and if so, what new service provided this info the quickest(aside from a Bloomberg terminal)?

#32     Jan 30, 2008
  3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

thats "woulda coulda shoulda trading". the market could of easily dismissed that news do to the feds irrational increase in liquidity.

#33     Jan 30, 2008
  4. I would like to thank Uncle Ben for the opportunity that he has given me. I hope everyone enjoyed selling this rally as much as I did.

#34     Jan 30, 2008
  5. jayford, does IB have stop limit orders that you can use as legs of bracketed order, or just stop market orders?

And in fast moving markets which do you use.....risk massive slippage with a stop market, or risk not getting filled at all on your stop limit?

#35     Jan 30, 2008