If everyone is selling gold/silver why is it hard to buy now?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 15, 2013.

1. ===============
    Promagna;

Yes its not only simple but instructive.Thanks .
    Bunker Hunt got the [long term]silver uptrend right, perhaps could have executed the uptrend [cash + futures]plan a bit better===================================:D

Anyway, some dealers dont like to sell all thier silver VERY cheap;LOL Everyone [honest people]likes a profit=======================================

:cool: Wisdom is profitable to direct:cool: Some bought silver after all the weeks of selling.....:cool:

#11     Apr 16, 2013
  2. ============
    Mr de28;
    Well long term UP trends are not predictions;
    probabilities, good ones.:cool:

SPY looks like a very old ,,,,,extended Up-trend;
    silver & gold look real young, real good up-trends.Not a prediction;
    wisdom is profitable to direct.:cool:

Dead cat bounce is a stock traders term.....

#12     Apr 16, 2013
  3. deucy28

deucy28

I would put deleveraging as #1 force and demographics, especially in the context of government policies weighing down growth, as very important going forward.

#13     Apr 16, 2013
  4. deucy28

deucy28

#14     Apr 16, 2013
  5. clacy

clacy

Yes but I would argue that deleveraging is caused by the lack of demand for credit which is ultimately caused by demographic trends. A slowing economy brought on by the boomers beatig retirement also reduces credit demand by corporations.

It's a vicious cycle, IMO

#15     Apr 16, 2013
  6. deucy28

deucy28

If we are not on the same page, we certainly are in the same chapter together, because I argue your case for you. I made a thread built around it which you saw the link for early in this thread. On this thread we are currently on, I referred to current demographics as becoming a serious, future, economic problem and you did, too, with your use of the word "ultimately." (Maybe you meant "ultimately" in logic, something different than "ultimately" in the future. I am not sure how you meant the word to be used.)

The last 4 years of dramatic deleveraging in the private sector was not done because of change of demographics during that period; not enough time to develop a measurable, demographic TREND. Rather, with respect to the time we are living in at this moment, I see deleveraging due to the emergency of the times forcing it on consumers. (It would be wonderful if the Administration and the Senate majority quit thinking of their political future and instead implement measures for deleveraging rather than advance leveraging. Instead of shrinking the government-do-all mentality, it is engorging the government tits for voter support. Very easy to do when they don't have to pay for it themselves and only have to tack on a $ trillion every year to public debt, conveniently pointing to someone else as being responsible for it.)

I don't see deleveraging in anyway over the last 4 years (once again speaking only to the private sector) becoming what it has become in the private sector because of the current demographic composition either. It came from the exigency of our melt down forcing it on the private sector. When not done voluntarily, nature (economic science) will do it to you.

Give time a chance, and we will see serious, economic consequences of current demographics exacerbating our economic, black hole we will already be in.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3712161#post3712161

#16     Apr 16, 2013
  7. =========================
    Mr d28;
    Ok I see your points- 3 day chart........................[downtrend 3 days]...

Actually , my comments on a dead cat bounce being a stock traders term ; I was thinking you may have meant a DEAD cat bounce like Enron, or old GM[bankrupt] dead cat bounce. LOL.

Silver is in a downtrend from $50 also, 3 day downtrend ;
    but not really dead like Enron[stock];;silver long term trend/medium trend is up.:cool:

#17     Apr 19, 2013
  8. Where do you guys buy physical gold? A cash4gold place just opened down the street from me (in the bar district, no pun intended) but it seems to have the ambience of a pawn shop so I'm not sure it's the best place to buy, well, anything.

#18     Apr 23, 2013
  9. zdreg

zdreg

simple and wrong. everybody big and small is buying the physical and big money is selling futures i.e. central banks except chinese and russians- my guess, but what other big money?

#19     Apr 23, 2013
  10. you know Cutten, in the old days that was quite possible. They just issued you a certificate that you had "X" amount of gold sitting at the comex warehouse and you could drive up there and pick it up, in the meantime, you paid storage.

nowadays, I doubt you could do that with ib.

#20     Apr 23, 2013