If Elon Musk canot keep his his twitter mouth shut should SEC/ U S Attorney indict him?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Nov 10, 2021.

Elon Musk should keep his mouth shut or the SEC/ U S Attorney should indict him?

1. Yes.

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No.

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. I have NO position in TSLA; however I was trading it up until this week. Was trying some short option plays to no avail.

Big mouth EM and his oversized ego decides to take a twitter poll to sell billions of dollars in stock. I am sure this impacted a lot of people.

So, should we allow that kind of market impacting b.s. from CEOs of companies? Isn't there -something- wrong with that; or does the USA no longer have any rules, codes or ethics regarding what seems to be market manipulation (or has that effect) by insiders using twitter or other social media?!

Be nice to get some intelligent, insightful replies. Those w/ IQs <110 need not reply (this would likely include most "bull market for brains" millennials- LOL)

p.s. if this is the incorrect Forum please re-locate. TY

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    virtusa, Ninja and murray t turtle like this.
  2. Yes .... I do believe the SEC should do something about Musk the next time his tweats affect TSLA or a Cryptocurrency.

virtusa and thecoder like this.
  3. NumberZ

NumberZ

Free country.

zghorner, tomas262, Tokenz and 5 others like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I do not remember the exact rules, but don't insiders have to report their intent to buy/sell their stock a certain number of days before they do it? That is public knowledge through the SEC form filing they must make. (I don't know the form number).

So isn't a tweet about it just an addendum to that form?

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Exactly. Freedom of speech.

jl1575, Axon, NumberZ and 1 other person like this.
  6. RedSun

RedSun

No such thing of freedom of speech if what he said affects the stocks where he has material financial interest.....

Even some grade school kids know of that.

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

Im not a securities law attorney nor do I play one on TV. That being said, Elon Musk tweeted a poll question with most of the people answering “yes”. Should I sell blah blah blah?

Is it right, No. But it’s freedom of speech. Maybe I’m reading the wrong tweet.

gkishot and Tokenz like this.
  8. RedSun

RedSun

No freedom of speech concerning any comments on the stock that he owns. Period.

This is why Elon was fined by SEC. SEC should have fined him much more, and at higher amount. Then he will learn how to keep his mouth shut.

virtusa, Ninja and thecoder like this.
  9. RedSun

RedSun

Other than those large banks that with investment and trading businesses, the regional banks have not had very good earnings. Their P/E ration is not attractive....

10. NumberZ

NumberZ

Not true. Not true at all.

So long as no fraud he can say what he wants.

This is America.

We're free until we aren't.

#10     Nov 10, 2021