IF Democrats win both houses, Market Up or Down on Wednesday??

Discussion in 'Politics' started by himself, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Biggest deficits of all time, attack another country on lies, americans in Iraq dying every day for what? 9/11 terrorist attack on GOP watch, republican Mark Foley using his position of power to screw young male pages....

#11     Nov 5, 2006
  2. trend

trend

And another possible outcome... many races are so close or so contested it's weeks before results are known. Indecision? probably down.

#12     Nov 5, 2006
  3. You're an idiot. So in your view full employment, long bonds below 5%, Dow 12,000 is less important than a homo sending provocative text messages to 17 year olds?

American's better watch out. We're ten years away from becoming Brazil and the Democrat's are the party who will get us there the fastest.

#13     Nov 5, 2006
  4. http://www.slate.com/id/2071929/

This is from 2002 and about which one is Prez - but it's interesting anyway.

"But Democrats, it turns out, are much better for the stock market than Republicans. Slate ran the numbers and found that since 1900, Democratic presidents have produced a 12.3 percent annual total return on the S&P 500, but Republicans only an 8 percent return."

Also
    http://finance.yahoo.com/columnist/article/futureinvest/3022

"Stocks Have Actually Done Better Under Democrats"

I think this may be due to the Republican centripetal force economy vs the Democrat centrifugal force economy philosophy...

#14     Nov 5, 2006
  5. Thanks for your kind words...The real unemployment rate is not full employment or even close. You might want to check out the Augmented Unemployment rate. http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2004/01/augmented_unemp.html

If you believe that all Mark Foley did was send text messages to 17 year olds, then you probably believe OJ Simpson is innocent too.

I guess your point here is the GOP is to get all the credit for the current economic environment. I disagree with that, but if you want it take it. You then also can take credit for all the dead soldiers and innocent people. But who cares the dow is at 12k...yee haw.

#15     Nov 5, 2006
  6. If the Saddam verdict can be kept in the news for 2 more days then better for republicans. Its so unexpectedly fantastic how this news fell on the weekend before US elections.

#16     Nov 5, 2006

7. You forgot the manipulated revision upwards on the employment numbers conveniently going into the weekend before election.

Repubs are all over the tv sets bascially telling voters .... if you don't have a job, it's your own fault. hey the numbers never lie....right?!

Makes me wonder if the voters are actually a lot dumber than I think they are. Time to sharpen the shears!!

#17     Nov 5, 2006
  8. The market will tank on Wed no matter what the election result will be. Of course the reason given will be different.

#18     Nov 5, 2006
  9. Is this the same logic that got you short before the DOW broke out?

LOL!

#19     Nov 5, 2006
  10. I didn't short the Dow. My S&P shorts were within a point on Friday's lows of being a scratch. Needless to say I'm still short and will be doubling up from s10 to s20 sometime to-morrow.

#20     Nov 5, 2006