If demand does not exist, they wont hire.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jul 12, 2011.

1. This is true, but as a generalization, because money is agnostic.

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    – Napoleon Bonaparte

Now, he may have been a little tyrant, but that doesn't mean what he said isn't true....

So if getting the best return means moving jobs to Communist China (they're still Communist, aren't they?) at the expense of the US, then that is one definition of "best" I suppose.

But there are arguably other definitions...

#21     Jul 13, 2011
  2. somebody fell for the propaganda of the military-industrial complex

Hook, Line, Sinker.

#22     Jul 13, 2011
  3. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

Excellent point. Capitalism is ruthless. The problem is America is not hungry anyone, and is quite entitled and spoiled. They think good jobs will just fall in their laps if they get a college degree, whatever. While US students are drinking and hooking up, their Asian counterparts are working like dogs and unless we get our act together, will own the future.

Moreover, what's scary is that America has only done well in the last 20 years during two major asset bubbles, ie tech and housing/credit. I think we're starting to find out that our economy does not do well without a bubble because now we have to compete with a tougher world, and we're not up to snuff with the heightened competition, compared to pre-80s.

#23     Jul 13, 2011
  4. mental patients: 5 stars for threads initiated by members of their ward, 1 star for everybody else.

#24     Jul 13, 2011
  5. My guess is most wealthy spend the money on investment to rake in even more money. job creation is far from their priority list. Is there any wonder after the bush tax cuts we had a huge housing bubble? Think Trump etc... not all investment is created equal, there is also malinvestment.

#25     Jul 13, 2011
  6. I love how America is probably the best brand in the world for a capitalistic country, yet it advertises itself as needy. Giving tax breaks etc, when it should be the company paying more tax on purpose, because it's the freaking USA.

It's like coca cola selling coke for $0,10 a pop instead of $2.

#26     Jul 13, 2011
  7. burn8

burn8

Corporations have no interest in locating themselves in low-tax locations? Corporations that build, hire people, bring demand for local goods and services...

-burn8

#27     Jul 13, 2011
  8. #28     Jul 15, 2011