if china floats the yuan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by steeldust, Apr 14, 2005.

1. The u.s.'s assets and products are often intangibles. Granted much of our economy is service oriented on the domestic side but America's major exports are intellectual property, business skills/planning, software capabilities and technology research and development.

#41     Apr 19, 2005
  2. well, the market somehwhat showed an answer thursday. when greenspan yacked about china and the yuan the USD got stronger and the yen today is alot stronger(against USD). kinda interesting. i think this is one of the few times there was a reaction based on someone talking about it. ths USD rally was short lived though.

#42     Apr 22, 2005
  3. Retired

Retired

Due to the huge inbalance of men vs women in China, there will be a strong evolutionary selection pressure on the Chinese population. In the coming decades, only the smart, tall, good-looking men will be able to get a wife.

So in one generation, don't be surprised to see Chinese people getting much smarter, taller, and better looking.

Watch out, Japan! :D

#43     Apr 22, 2005
  4. Last time I checked it was the short fat guys with the billions who ultimately got the hotties.

#44     Apr 22, 2005
  5. due to rapidity of technological evolution, biology evolutionnary has become irrelevant. we will be to integrate technology in brains far quicker than any biology selection will lead to higher intelligence.

#45     Apr 24, 2005
  6. #46     Apr 24, 2005
  7. anyone interested in starting a yuan hedgefund?

Here's how it works open an account in China with a bank. Take the dollars people give you to invest and dump it in the bank account in China, of course they will convert it to yuan in your chinese bank account. Then we just sit back kick the feet up and wait. When they adjust or float we wire the money back to us and close the fund with a nice return.

We make our 2 and 20 and retire.

#47     Apr 24, 2005
  8. I like that one. Maybe you vote for the american communist party to get some more capitalism?

#48     Apr 25, 2005
  9. Retired

Retired

A better strategy, buy Chinese real estate. You get some nice appreciation as well.

That's what the smart ones are doing in Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.

#49     Apr 25, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

I have heard real estate has been bid out of sight in some parts of China?? Do you have any numbers? I would imagine realestate there would be a great long term investment ---especially if you get a panic over something happens to buy on the cheap. China will see a panic or hard times or something to create a buying oppty and I plan buying when it occurs---specially equities.

#50     Apr 25, 2005