if china floats the yuan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by steeldust, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Peter35

Peter35

Why do Chinese people still hate Japanese people for what happened 60 years ago? Actually all Japanese war criminals are dead now. The majority of Japanese people were born after WW2 or were children during that war.
    Why French and Russian people don't have same hatered towards Germans?

#31     Apr 18, 2005
  2. Because japonese tabloid are always questioning whether japonese were bad during war leading common japonese to be unsure about what has been done. Because japonese primer minister is going to honore japan war criminal every year. For many years chinese official have refused to meet japonese primer minister because of this.

How would people in britain, russia or israel react if Germans newspapers said that holocaust might not have happen? if German chacellor was honoring Himmler or goering cemetery?

#32     Apr 18, 2005
  3. well, we 'll see!

#33     Apr 18, 2005
  4. TGM

TGM

Good point ---it is true the Japanese still say the rape of Nanking was a hoax! I don't believe it is productive to guilt trip children over the past. But they should at least own up to the fact that they were NOT angels.

I believe the problem now is that if you admit culpability for the past ---the other party wants all kinds of stuff---reparations etc.. This is the whole point. I have a feeling if the Japanese thought they could just say sorry and that would be the end of it ---well they would. But it is not so simple. The Chinese are trying to use this as a moral advantage to get their way. Just like Isreal uses the Holocaust to gets it's way ---like the German submarines they received not long ago at the behest of the German taxpayers. Of course the average person reading this would do no different ---after all it is History! It is just that when it goes into the extremes---it is never good.

#34     Apr 18, 2005
  5. My father was the Sec of Agriculture of Taiwan for 32 years. So liten to me people. All of you hoping for a yuan reval. Forget it. THe most will be the inplenemtation of a trading cap. The Chinese will never float their currency. Look at the facts and economics. It simply would not be benficial for their growing economy. Don't believe me? Still praying to the FX gods for a yuan reval. Don't hold your breath. Do the research, read the data, and listen to me. Believe me, they will never reval their currency, and sure as hell won't do it to help the US. So forget about it and face reality.

#35     Apr 18, 2005
  6. I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that the Olympic Committee is asking China to float its currency before the games commence. I've heard China is actually working towards this. Do you really think China can continue to grow aggressively and not completely embrace a free market?

#36     Apr 18, 2005
  7. Learner

Learner

Go to ask any American POW by Japanese they will tell you-----Why do Chinese people still hate Japanese government?.

Why French and Russian people don't have same hatered towards Germans?--------Exactly! Germans admit their Nazi government killed the millions Jewish, invaded French and Russian, .......and pleaded guilty to the victims. BUT the Japanese government never admit they invaded China and never slaughtered NanJing ........and write it fucking down to today's text book for their kids.

If the Japanese write it down in their text book--------Japan never bombed pearl harbour........what do you think this?

Are you a Janpaese? FUCK you if you are. If you are not then forget about it.

#37     Apr 18, 2005
  8. Philippinos hate the Japanese too. Japan committed horrific acts in China and the Philippines during WW2, and they're not properly accepting their guilt and responsibility.

#38     Apr 18, 2005
  9. mhashe

mhashe

You're forgetting the Koreans also despise the Japanese . 100's of 1000's of Korean girls and women were kidnapped into slavery as sexual slaves for their troops. As an example of their more egregious violence, the japs would pick up Korean men to "practice" sword cuts, ie the aim was to be able to cut a person in half with their samurai swords.

The Chinese are reacting the same way Americans would if the Japanese wrote into their history books that Japan never initiated bombing Pearl Harbor. The Japanese legacy in Asia is a horrible abhorrent legacy, most other Asian nations keep quiet because they need Japanese aid and investments.

As regards to Yuan being floated, I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. The Chinese need the peg to import more jobs for their vast population.

#39     Apr 18, 2005
  10. I don't see any issue for china to float its currency. Looking just on trade figures, japan has trade imbalance far greater than china.

the yuan has no reason to skyrocket like people thinks as long as china trade is balanced with the world. As long as it keeps buying lots of stuff to finance its own development, the yuan will not rise. The american problem is that china is buying intermediate products from asian economy, commodities from south america and middle east and nothing from america. but what usa has to sell? china has planned to buy huge quantities of planes from usa, but outside this usa has nothing to sell on the world market at competitive prices, that's the problem.

#40     Apr 19, 2005