If Chewy Loses Money in July - He Will Quit Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by chewbacca, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Gross -200
    Volume 24000
    Win% 41
    Ave Win 10
    Ave Loss -10
    Net -362

Déjà vu. I come in trade excellently - 60% win rate and ave win 20 with ave loss 6. Up 180 net, I figure I'll just make 20 more dollars to get a 200+ net and then stop. Lose some money,
    try to recover, lose some more……..whatever lost 400. At several times I stoped while I was ahead, then got back in and just lost more. In the morning I was basing my trading decisions
    based on risk/reward and I did great. Then I started thinking about money and trading based on money and I lost. I'm done for today and for the month. I have to take tommorrow off because I'm just addicted to the action. I never take a break, even for lunch. I just eat at my desk and just trade all day long, if my losses don't kill me my commisions do.

#91     Jul 28, 2005
  2. That's what I hear from a lot of traders. I will look into less liquid stocks, but I just feel that the spread makes them more expensive to trade.

#92     Jul 28, 2005
  3. In July my gross is -250, and my net is -1500 (rounded).

Losing month. I was up gross and only down a few hundred net coming in on Monday. Thought about the money too much and took my focus off of risk/reward. I lost 1k net in the last four
    days. Last minute meltdown…whatever. Going forward I have to arrest a losing streak the very next day or else the losses will just continue to grow.

My decision: I will call my recruiter tommorow and let her know I'm looking for a job. It takes a while to get a job though so till then I will continue to trade, but maybe only till 11:30. I've already worked three jobs and hated them. And I still have plenty of cash saved up so it's not like I'm trading my last couple of gees. I'd buy up a franchise but with rates so low, the prices
    are just too high and the returns are pretty low considering the amount of hours you have to put in. My father wouldn't hesitate to loan me the reminder of the capital I would need to start any business I want.
    He got into the RE market way back in to early 90s and made a ton of money. I could've joined him but whatever, I don't want to mix family and business…besides I want to make millions on my own.
    So if the right job comes along (I doubt it), I'll jump all over it. If the right business opportunity comes along, I'll jump all over it. Till then I'll continue to trade and who knows I'll I see the light in
    August then I'll just continue to trade and make 10k a day like my friend did today (yeah right).

#93     Jul 28, 2005
  4. Choad

Choad

Can't stick with anything, eh 'Bacca? :D

Just messin with ya. Good luck!

C

#94     Jul 28, 2005
  5. chud

chud

I miss Chewy's journal.

#95     Aug 22, 2005
  6. I'm doing great. I was a month late - August is the turn around month (not July). I'm a lot more consistent and a lot more confident, and a lot more focused on proper execution rather than the money. In August I've wiped away all of my losses from March-July on a gross basis. I'm debating whether to start a new journal, start posting in the trader PL thread, or just be a lurker.
    Now that I'm making money I'm definately not going to quit, but definatly want to incorporate more swing trading and longer-term stuff.

#96     Aug 22, 2005
  7. mhashe

mhashe

Chewy, fwiw try not to look at the account $ P/L during the trading day. Whenever I do look at the account $, I always seem to end the day worse off than I started. Looking at the $ seems to jinx the whole day.

#97     Aug 23, 2005
  8. chud

chud

It's eery how often my looking at my account $P/L marks the daily top in my equity.

Glad you're doing well Chewy.

#98     Aug 23, 2005