If brown wins, expect a big jump in the markets.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looks like the media is picking up now on a market rally. Someone owes me a gold star :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60I5NN20100119

Stocks would rise as the victory gives the Republicans 41 seats in the Senate, enough to filibuster President Obama's reform bills, including healthcare. Democrats would lose their 60-vote Senate super-majority that now lets them clear Republican procedural hurdles and pass legislation or confirm presidential nominees without a single Republican vote.

"The hope is (for) a return of gridlock, traditionally very favorable for equity markets," said Carmine Grigoli, chief U.S. investment strategist, equity division, at Mizuho Securities USA in New York.

You heard it here first at Elite Trader(tm)

#11     Jan 19, 2010
  2. The republican, Brown, is seen as anti-incumbant and anti-elitist. If Mass. can elect a republican on those ideas it is RADICAL and should be a wake up call for all our spoiled politicians.

BTW, it has nothing do do with Kudlow's ideas that people embrace business interests blah blah blah... or Fox's teabaggers he mentioned about 500 times today on his show IMO.

#12     Jan 19, 2010
  3. What is happening is Obama forgot that it was moderates and independents who got him elected, they did not want 8 more years of big government big spending.

And what does he do, he tops Bush and Obama just like Bush seems to be ignoring everything around him and just trying to push his agenda down everyones throat.

And Brown if he wins will be a big wake up call.

I do see Obama being a one term president, he squandered opportunities to actually work towards getting the US back on track.

#13     Jan 19, 2010
  4. Woohoo!!

And futures up as well.

#14     Jan 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.