If Biden wins, is a Stock Transaction Tax likely?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by jonnysharp, Oct 27, 2020.

1. %%
    Highly unlikely/exactly.
    Senator Biden has twice this year asked for people to vote for him as US Senator/LOL.
    Even more unlikely is a big DEM victory anywhere;Portand riots make that very unlikely for anybody with common sense.
    Dave Ramsey said change the [DEM] govs of CA, NY, for the same reason you change diapers/LOL...……………………………………………………………………………….

#41     Oct 28, 2020
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Thanks, likely won't affect me, but if it does I can live with a 50% increase in my costs.

#42     Oct 28, 2020
  3. JSOP

JSOP

#43     Oct 28, 2020
  4. AFAIK, Dem Sweep = higher real rates + improving inflation. Overlay that on components of GDP and there are you trading ideas.

#44     Oct 29, 2020
    SunTrader likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Nah why do that - trading ideas - gets in the way of bitching.

#45     Oct 29, 2020
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

If Biden Kamala Pelosi get in power then we are truly fucked. #hightaxes

#46     Oct 29, 2020
    MarkBrown likes this.
  7. Sig

Sig

What is compelling you to refer to Senator Harris as a b**** every time you refer to her? I get it, you don't like her, but why diminish yourself (my formerly high opinion of you took a nosedive with this) with gratuitous disrespect of another person? What exactly do you accomplish with that?

#47     Oct 29, 2020
    DaveV likes this.
  8. Sig

Sig

"Guaranteed" is it? You all need to chill out a little, your panic isn't helping you think clearly. If the Senate is controlled by the democrats, it means Chuck Schumer is most likely Senate majority leader. Senator Schumer is the senator from New York, he's bought and paid for by the financial industry and has never shown any indication that he forgets who pays his way. There are more than a couple other senators in the same position. The FTT is unlikely to ever make it to a full Senate vote, let alone become law. Now take a deep breath, remember that we all did just fine as traders under 8 years of Obama and if you are old enough 8 years of Clinton despite all the breathless panic like this you same people worked yourselves into when they were elected.

#48     Oct 29, 2020
    They, Asterix, DaveV and 1 other person like this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

But, but, but this time.... AOC!

#49     Oct 29, 2020
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Guess you really haven't been following things too closely the last 4 years?

#50     Oct 29, 2020