If Biden wins, is a Stock Transaction Tax likely?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by jonnysharp, Oct 27, 2020.

1. You really think the market would sell off big based on some guys on ET discussing a 0.20% tax when it's an already known possibility?

#11     Oct 27, 2020
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

#1 reason I'm not voting Biden = ftt

Democrats will raise taxes and a ftt may kill active trading. Fcking leeches with parasitic taxes

#12     Oct 27, 2020
    jonnysharp likes this.
  3. ajacobson

ajacobson

"Likely" Will depend a lot on how the House and Senate races playout. A strong showing by the Dems will result in a lot of reform and rollbacks.

#13     Oct 27, 2020
  4. Not sure what you mean but yes US stocks are the most traded in the world, and not every other international stock market has a FTT.

#14     Oct 27, 2020
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I'm not talking about specifically here on ET, I never did. I simply stated, "Such speculation about the .2% is dangerous."

Capillary action and whatnot.

#15     Oct 27, 2020
  6. I think you're right here with the balance in the House and Senate key to a strong opposition to a FTT, Biden and Harris can't get this done alone. Hopefully there's also a huge pushback from the exchanges/brokers/banks/hedge funds to block it or reduce it.

#16     Oct 27, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  7. Agree to disagree, this is a forum for discussing trading tax related issues and that's what I'm doing here, highly doubt we on here have any material effect on a $300 Billion dollar a day market from discussing a potential tax amount.

#17     Oct 27, 2020
  8. DaveV

DaveV

#18     Oct 27, 2020
    virtusa and jonnysharp like this.
  9. JSOP

JSOP

If the b**** gets her way, yeah

#19     Oct 27, 2020
    10_bagger and jonnysharp like this.
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Or they fear they will, so there trying to buy him, Trumps got the Fed to pump how many TRILLIONS into the markets to keep it up which had made them all very rich, why not just back Trump?? Because they likely know, Trumps got no chance!

#20     Oct 27, 2020
    DaveV likes this.