If anyone you care about has severe refractory depression problems, HERE IS THE CURE:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rearden Metal, Oct 15, 2005.

Does R.M. know more about treating 'incurable' depression than most psychiatrists?

1. RM is full of shit. Another useles junkie trying to justify his habit.

26 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. I don't know, but I have an open mind.

22 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. This all seems very strange, but very logical. I think he just may be right.

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. I know for a fact that every single word of this scientifically proven method is 100% true.

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. No Resinate! That post was addressed to the creature called ZZZzzzzzzz.

I've concluded that my issue is endorphin deficiency, based on reading countless medical & pharmacological texts (Mostly on the subject of narcotics)... but most of all from personal experience.
    <b>It is the only possible conclusion that makes sense.</b>

#31     Oct 16, 2005
  2. Who needs to see a doctor for clinical analysis when you can self diagnose and then medicate by purchasing prescription drugs illegally? One would wonder if you were under the influence of drugs when you performed all this analysis....

Too damn bad you can't write your own prescriptions...

"The first wave felt like a combination of mescaline and methedrine."

"I nodded, barely able to talk now. My body felt like I'd just been wired

into a 220 volt socket."

"It was hard to move my jaws; my tongue felt like burning magnesium. 'No. . . nothing to worry about,' I hissed. 'Maybe if you could just shove me into the pool, or something . . . '"

"I couldn't move. Total paralysis now. Every muscle in my body was contracted. I couldn't even move my eyeballs, much less turn my head or
    talk."

--"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter Thompson, 1972

#32     Oct 16, 2005
  3. Ooop... Ok

Regarding Z10, I think he should be more respectful towards your struggles. (not to speak for Z) But as you are probably aware from other posts of his, he views this issue from a pretty different perspective-one with a good track record too.

#33     Oct 16, 2005
  4. A fictional account, speculating what may happen if Adrenochrome (pure adrenalin) were to be (fatally) harvested from a living donor. You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Go away.

Resinate: Please ban this piece of filth.

#34     Oct 16, 2005
  5. Good track record? What has this thing ever accomplished with its life besides trying to destroy what others have built?

#35     Oct 16, 2005
  6. Babak

Babak

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.”

—Philo of Alexandria

#36     Oct 17, 2005
  7. Amen!

#37     Oct 17, 2005
  8. nitro

nitro

I have an excuse to be awake res- get some sleep.

n
    c
    s
    t

nitro :D

#38     Oct 17, 2005
  9. I know little about endorphins, but have been close to people with depression, if this were me, and I believed the endorphins story, I would try to get my body to produce some more of its own 'happy drugs', before I prescribed myself some alternatives. Get a new house rather then repaint the old one every week.

I'd do this by:
    exercising
    eating healthily
    reducing/elminating alcholol/caffiene/nicot/etc
    hypnotherapy

I would look at my beliefs, and look to adopt some that would et me produce more 'happy drugs' naturally. A Rand philosophy is one I am a great fan of, however it does not treat personal failure too kindly, no matter how small.

#39     Oct 17, 2005
  10. ****I know little about endorphins, but have been close to people with depression, if this were me, and I believed the endorphins story, I would try to get my body to produce some more of its own 'happy drugs', before I prescribed myself some alternatives. Get a new house rather then repaint the old one every week.

I'd do this by:
    exercising
    eating healthily
    reducing/elminating alcholol/caffiene/nicot/etc
    hypnotherapy*****

----->Been there, tried <b>every single thing you suggest above</b>.
    I didn't just wake up one day and decide I have no choice but to become a junkie.

****I would look at my beliefs, and look to adopt some that would et me produce more 'happy drugs' naturally. A Rand philosophy is one I am a great fan of, however it does not treat personal failure too kindly, no matter how small. [/B]*****

---->Honestly, good points. I've even said it here before: Happiness is more important than truth. I'd love it if religion/mysticism/self-delusion worked on me... but I'm immune.

#40     Oct 17, 2005