If Abortion is murder, why would the right wingers allow exceptions?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Mar 9, 2006.

1. There is nothing in the Bible that states abortion in the first trimester is illegal. That is because God has not given the lump of cells its Soul. After the first trimester, all the limbs are visible and at that point I agree that all abortion is morally illegal.

This is the best solution. Why do you ask?

Well, during the first trimester, the fetus has a status on par with a womans hair and nails. If she is allowed to clip off her nails and hair. Then she should be allowed to clip off a lump of cells that she does not want.

This is respecting basic civil and individual rights. These are the rights the Nation was founded on. These are fundamental and inviolable rights that No one has the authority or right to take away.

Now after the first trimester. The fetus becomes viable. Then one can argue that the woman has now lost the right to abort.

If a woman can not make up her mind to abort within the first trimester. Then she loses the right to abort after the first trimester. And that includes all abortions except when the mothers life, an individual already living, is in danger.

The above falls nicely and takes care of both religious doctrine and inviduals rights.

But we all know this middle ground will never happen. The powers that run everything want this topic to draw itself out. This is a nice and juicy subject that removes attention to the fact that they are raping the nation into the ground.

Quote from vhehn:

i posted this on the last abortion thread. its worth repeating:

most people who are antiabortion from conception claim that they believe god says abortion is sin. here are a couple of points to ponder:

1. in the bible life does not begin at conception. it begins with the first breath. this is backed up by this verse.
    Genesis 2:7, God “breathed into [Adam’s] nostrils the breath of life and man became a living being.”

According to this verse, life doesn’t begin until the first breath is taken; therefore, conception does not mark the beginning of a child’s life, and therefore early stage abortion cannot be considered committing a murder.

2. there are verses in the bible indicating that god is not against abortion. abortion is only mentioned twice in the Bible, once in Exodus and again in Numbers. The passage from Exodus simply offers further support for the idea that abortion is not to be considered murder. However, the section from Numbers provides a situation in which abortion is actually encouraged. In Numbers 5:11-31, it is said that “if a husband suspects his wife is pregnant by another man, the ‘husband shall bring his wife to the priest,’ who shall mix a drink intended to make her confess or be threatened with termination of her pregnancy if she has been unfaithful to her husband.”

#31     Mar 10, 2006
  2. i totally agree. once the baby is viable abortion should not be allowed or it is murder.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

#32     Mar 10, 2006
  3. As a young man, I couldn't believe that any moral man could possibly deny a woman the right to decide the fate of her own body. As I grew older I realized that my personal choices regarding abortion might not be as easy as they were when I was 19. Regardless of my personal feelings about what I want when I impregnate a woman, I will always defend her right to choose.

However, the quote above will be chum in the water for the rightist sharks. After all, how do you determine when that line is crossed? How big do the limb buds have to be? Are we talking visible to the naked eye? Visible by electron microscopy? Digits visible? Viability is kind of hard to define, isn't it? A fetus in the 7th week of pregnancy is not viable. What is the youngest preemie to have survived?

Clearly, there must be some limit, and it must be defined according to time since conception. It is likely the first trimester or the first 10 weeks or whatever. I just feel the quote above shows the difficulty in drawing the line.

#33     Mar 10, 2006
  4. your question is something lawmakers would have to decide but here is some info.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/pediatrics-rst/premature.html
    What's the youngest gestational age that premature babies have a chance to survive?
    Twenty-three weeks gestational, or about 17 weeks before the due date, is about the earliest that a baby would have a chance at survival. Babies born that early will have a very high risk of serious complications and will need a lengthy intensive care. Fortunately, even several weeks prolongation of the pregnancy can have a dramatic improvement in the health of the baby and lessen the complications and risks.

#34     Mar 10, 2006
  5. jem

jem

Look at the tangled web woven by the weakminded Con man. He starts the personal attacks saying I support the raping of 5 year olds. I call him a dickhead. He takes offense but clearly realizing he started the ad hominem he tries to evade the point by claiming he knows my attendance record and giving patterns.

I will have you know I have gone to protestant and orthodox churches as well since the scandal. I would guess I have given the Catholic Chruch less than twenty bucks since the scandals. Which is about what I gave weekly before that.

Catholics do not ask for tithes. I have heard one priest talk about it once my entire life. Some protestants ask for tithes based on old testament readings. However, I do wish I had the fortitude to actually give that much to worthy churches.

What I have done is given my time and taught the bible to 4th graders. Lots of parents were checking me out to make sure I was not a molester... and I do not blame them.

#35     Mar 10, 2006
  6. ROFLMAO!

O Wise ConMan, bitch slapped yet again.

Too funny....

#36     Mar 10, 2006
  7. I see the retarded inbred troll, the helpless boy, is out of night school.

http://www.memorare.com/reform/giving.html

Giving and tithing is not a widely discussed topic in the Catholic Church. However, it is important for all parishoners to understand that giving is not optional (it is actually one of the six precepts of the Church). It is also important to realize that giving must be done responsiblity: if a priest, bishop or 'Catholic' organization engages in activities or teachings contrary to the Pope of Magisterium, then they should not be supported.

The guideline is a starting point to responsible giving. All numeric references are from the Catechism of the Catholic Church (1994) unless otherwise noted.

Therefore we now have proof that Jem does not know what he is talking about. heck, he does not even know the basic tenets of his own religion.

Quoting the little retarded helpless troll below, "ROFLAMOA" indeed.

Quote from hapaboy:

ROFLMAO!

O Wise ConMan, bitch slapped yet again.

Too funny....

#37     Mar 10, 2006
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Are they actually black though?

#38     Mar 10, 2006
  9. I see TheConMan, true to his name, has not learned how to read while serving his sentence for being a moron:

TheConMan KNOWS that jem tithes? Do you have supernatural abilities?

Is jem a liar, ConMan? He attends a Catholic church and has heard one priest talk about it once his entire life!! Is he wrong about the practice at his church?!?

American Catholics not wedded to tithing

Catholics give 1.2 percent of their income to their church; Protestants 2.6 percent

K. Connie Kang / Los Angeles Times

LOS ANGELES -- Tithing -- the biblical exhortation of returning to God 10 percent of his gifts -- may be common in some denominations, but in most American churches it remains a rare practice.

Why?

One reason -- say researchers, clergy and parishioners -- is that Catholics simply don't have a tradition of tithing and annual pledging.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060304/LIFESTYLE04/603040382/1041

So you see, moron, it is not normal practice, as Jem stated, for his CATHOLIC church to ask for tithes, and he has heard one priest mention it his entire life.

Clearly, your supernatural abilities are waning and you need to recharge yourself at the local watering hole...

TheCon, bitch slapped yet again - must be a common occurence in his cell. :D

#39     Mar 10, 2006
  10. Do you how to read? I quote Jem:

"I will have you know I have gone to protestant and orthodox churches as well since the scandal. I would guess I have given the Catholic Chruch less than twenty bucks since the scandals. Which is about what I gave weekly before that. "

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65335&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

And yes. I do have super natural powers. I am a psychic. That is why I know you will always be a boot-licking psychotic.

Quote from hapaboy:

I see TheConMan, true to his name, has not learned how to read while serving his sentence for being a moron:

TheConMan KNOWS that jem tithes? Do you have supernatural abilities?

Is jem a liar, ConMan? He attends a Catholic church and has heard one priest talk about it once his entire life!! Is he wrong about the practice at his church?!?

American Catholics not wedded to tithing

Catholics give 1.2 percent of their income to their church; Protestants 2.6 percent

K. Connie Kang / Los Angeles Times

LOS ANGELES -- Tithing -- the biblical exhortation of returning to God 10 percent of his gifts -- may be common in some denominations, but in most American churches it remains a rare practice.

Why?

One reason -- say researchers, clergy and parishioners -- is that Catholics simply don't have a tradition of tithing and annual pledging.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060304/LIFESTYLE04/603040382/1041

So you see, moron, it is not normal practice, as Jem stated, for his CATHOLIC church to ask for tithes, and he has heard one priest mention it his entire life.

Clearly, your supernatural abilities are waning and you need to recharge yourself at the local watering hole...

TheCon, bitch slapped yet again - must be a common occurence in his cell. :D

#40     Mar 10, 2006