If a Sizable Correction Were To Take Place, What Would be the Reason?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Feb 17, 2011.

If a Sizable Correction Were To Take Place, What Would be the Reason?

1. Geopolitical Problems

13 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No More QEs

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Disappointing Earnings

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Strong Possibility of Rising Interest Rates

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. Technical Glitch (similar to Flash Crash)

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Profit taking

11 vote(s)
    16.9%
  7. High Unemployment

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Other

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. spindr0

spindr0

Simple and obvious answer:
    More selling than buying.

Trying to understand it will only confuse you.
    Just go with the flow :)

#21     Feb 17, 2011
  2. NineEnder,

I am sure you are having a great run during this run. Congratulations. You are still an arrogant pain in the ass though.

#22     Feb 17, 2011
  3. shortie:

Nice poll idea.

You coverd several bases.

to round out the matter and add the key reason, look to two things going on and getting up to speed.

Bank regulators will begin to focus on the workarounds (providing manditory rule sets in addition to fines that could be applied to correcting past criminal activities)

Legislation that will be set in place to replace and prevent the past financial industry "creativity" that precipitated this Depression.

A lot of large shoes have to fall and we have to reach the point where the foves in the chicken coop have eaten all the chickens.

It Technical terms, we need to have the RTL of the Depression locked in as as RTL becoms tangent to the inverted saucer being processed. This is the outer boundary of the Econometrics of the Depression.

Doing QE's only goes so far when the nation is in the trouble it is in.

Naturally, the perpetual political campaign will keep throwing any and everything at the walls to see what sticks. The corporate structure and its priorities do not include making the nation healthy. Roughly speaking no one works on that anymore.

After the tangent is completed, both declining volume and volatility will be convergent. At some point, the Bull retrace of this Bear Depression agian takes hold and it will be with a vengnece. The fight to preserve resouces then ensues.

As you look at the international situation, you see self determination is becoming a priority. It WILL reach the U. S. in time.

At some point people will say that Apple can't divide it work force as it does. A million people have their jobs overseas from Apple policy. It is NOT a "unionization" movement; it is simply not correct to buy products that are not using US talent to make those products.

When resource preservation finally hits, then it when the MAJOR period of capital "evaporation" will occur. This will end about 10 to 12 years out.

#23     Feb 17, 2011
  4. The news appears to be quite good. But I don't sense the strength of excitement that happened in Apr 2010 (judging from message boards, news headlines, etc). The prolonged unemployment and underemployment may be taking their toll.

#24     Feb 17, 2011
  5. Lol...I think its a fair assumption. Market doesn't go up forever...eventually it will take a break? When? I don't know, I'll let you guys pick the top.

#25     Feb 17, 2011
  6. other - government shutdown = fixed income hell.

#26     Feb 17, 2011
  7. you are probably right.

what you say actually fits with what tradingjournals wrote about a possible cascade of events, a process.

#27     Feb 17, 2011
  8. I really don't think a correction would take place based on anything financial. The whole world is in the same boat and priced in. The cards are on the table and have been for a while.

I'd vote poltical but probably something within the US. Maybe a terrorist attack, an assination.

#28     Feb 17, 2011
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Enough with the election cycle returns, that is the most lamest excuse for a market to be up, it seems no matter what its usually up, out of 16 quarters only 3 are down making it an 81% chance of an up move in the markets, please throw those statistics out the window, anytime I hear someone mentioning that nonsense I laugh.

#29     Feb 17, 2011
  10. S2007S

S2007S

there will be a correction, who knows what the reason will be or when it will be but a collapse will occur, they ALWAYS do, back in 2007 no one predicted a 50% drop in the indexes and guess what it happened, for anyone to think this market is going to keep moving higher without ever falling again better think twice. The higher the market goes without a meaningful back the bigger the collapse.

#30     Feb 17, 2011