If 80% lose why you think you can make it?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NYSEtradinglog, Sep 24, 2003.

1. This so right on. I still have to fight with myself to follow my system and take the trade. I still have to review my stats and say to myself "ok, system is right with this equity 66.3% of the time, profit factor is "x", blah, blah.

It takes a somewhat intelligent, but especially an open minded person to come up with a system. Probably better off with an automaton to trade it and shut up!

#51     Sep 25, 2003
  2. Because I can't think of a reason why I won't succeed.

#52     Sep 25, 2003
  3. Because 5% of people are realy inteligent. So i can
    still be among other 15% not so inteligent.
    rest 80% people are here to make easy money.

#53     Sep 25, 2003
  4. TGregg

TGregg

In a nutshell, my reason is that I rock.

My IQ is 140 (as objectively tested - 138 and 142). I see things quicker and learn faster than nearly everybody I ever met. I achieved success as a computer programmer frankly without even trying.

Trading offers considerably more challenge, there is much more to sink my teeth into. This isn't easy stuff like calc (4 credits short of a math major I am) or programming - this is stuff that requires deep thought and precise control.

I see things that most folks do not. Driving is an excellent example - I can tell what other drivers are going to do before they even realize it themselves. I distinctly recall the first time I showed this to another person - she was amazed.

I also have good infrastructure. UPSes, two custom built machines, 6 19" LCDs, 2 21" CRTs, broadband, hefty capital (both for trading and for living - thank you MSFT) and a super supportive wife who makes a fair amount of money.

Oh yeah, and I've been at this game for 12 years now. So, I am perfectly comfortable strapping on armor and a shield, wielding a sword and strutting on into the arena that is our financial markets. I look forward to meeting the rest of you there.

#54     Sep 25, 2003
  5. funky

funky

great stuff. i'll see you there! :)

#55     Sep 26, 2003
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Hey show up to T-Rex's challenge. I'm planning to be there, although I already know I ain't gonna be the star.

#56     Sep 26, 2003
  7. funky

funky

i'd love to amuse people, but i've got more important things to do.....can't wait to see the results.

-the funk

#57     Sep 26, 2003
  8. sle

sle

That probably means that you are hanging out with the wrong crowd. Try attending brown bag derivatives lunches at NYU - you will be in for a shock.

#58     Sep 26, 2003
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Actually I don't get to hang with intelligencia anymore, sad to say. But I am pretty good friends with a few traders now. :D

#59     Sep 26, 2003
  10. IQ test is BS...

I was drunk and bored so I took a test...

I scored 178... and I know I'm not that smart...

Anyways... "nah nah na nah nah... I'm smarter than you--- ---- nah na na nah nahhhhhh"

#60     Sep 26, 2003