If 80% lose why you think you can make it?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NYSEtradinglog, Sep 24, 2003.

1. after high school i took a test at a college. it was one of those tests where the more answers you got right, the harder the questions became. of students planning to attend college, i finished in the top 1-3% (i forget the exact number) for the english half (not necessarily writing) of the test. my math score was only around the top 25%, though.

i'm not claiming to be a genius or anything, but i definitely don't think i'm the moron some people here think i am.

#11     Sep 24, 2003
  2. It would be just hard to believe any lobster on this planet can be more intelligent than 97% of all human beings! :confused: :mad:

#12     Sep 24, 2003
  3. Trader Pete
    Good point pete but 60 - 70% of all CTAs do also trade based on a system and so I have to find a very good system to not get kicked by this guys.

But I am absolutely on your side automated system is also my way to go.

NihabaAshi

Im up 44% for 2,5 years last 6 months going sideways. So I'm neither not becaus I can't talk about consistence after 2,5 years.
    And 44% in 2,5 years my not sound like success for daytraders.

I think it's a different between
    and why I think I can beat some of the brightest guys on earth.

The reason is simple: to make money, but why I think I can beat others is an other point.

Why not putting all the money in to crabel tutor and superfund instead of trying it my self?

I agree 100%

Of course, but I like to check out the odds. I wouldn't go to the south pole and sell ice cream there.

I have my answers.

*Good background in stats.
    *I was software developer bevor starting trading full time
    *wrote software for institutionals befor started trading my own money
    *Same as Gordon I have the time on my side.
    *I combine systems with fundamental based over ruling.
    *I trade small < 10 mio
    *I trade 2- 5 days - small timeframe in my point of view ;) and some more points.

Lobster

This are dam good points.

Gordon

great reason.

Thank you guys for your input

#13     Sep 24, 2003
  4. I would guess that the failure rate is closer to 95% or even a smidge higher.

#14     Sep 24, 2003
  5. another issue is defining "making it." if you "make it," but only make like 1% a year, who cares?

what's hard is becoming the very small % that make it big.

#15     Sep 24, 2003
  6. omcate

omcate

LOL.....
    :p :p :p

It would be hard to believe that one of the ET members is a TALKING lobster either. Actually, we have a talking salmon too....

:D :D :D

#16     Sep 24, 2003
  7. omcate

omcate

Because life is hard. Nothing comes easy. You have to fight for the good stuffs. If you like to have financial freedom, the odds are always against you (unless your parents are millionaires or billionaires).

Trading is an art. Most of the artists are poor. Why do you think they keep on trying ?

:p :p :p
    :D :D :D

#17     Sep 24, 2003
  8. (We're merely joking - as trading is too boring, no offence to Lobster and Salmon.)

Just couldn't stop laughing!:D :) :p

#18     Sep 24, 2003
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I agree with in and long. How many of those failed traders are suit and ties trying to daytrade at lunch, or some clowns trying to trade on 1000 or 2000 in capital.

Also, it is true that a very small % make the most money. However, what is "money" is the question. The definition of "money" has changed from 99.

Odds are against you, far more than sitting at some corporate desk, getting coffe for the boss, sucking ass, and trying to run to the top of the rat race only to find out that your life flashed before your eyes and you u only made it to middle managment.

So, you have to decide, do i take the risk and Freedom trading gives me or fall in line with the troops like most americans, with out even trying.

Just remember, there is a learning curve......it can be short or it can be real real real long....its up to you to have the staying power.

#19     Sep 24, 2003
  10. To dream ... the impossible dream!:)

#20     Sep 24, 2003