IEX should expand to OTC markets!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Humble Investor, Jan 3, 2018.

1. That would be great, It currently takes something like 3-5 seconds to get a fill with IB.

#21     Jan 4, 2018
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I had an order in my IRA at another retail firm, not LS, from last week that took over 2 minutes to buy 5000 shares on the offer when 5000 shares were shown. And, I was the only volume for the day!

#22     Jan 4, 2018
    freedinner and Humble Investor like this.

3. Wait till you want to sell and they drop the stock 30%

#23     Jan 4, 2018
  4. They can't because it is an ADR and is pegged to the Canadian markets.

#24     Jan 4, 2018
  5. zdreg

zdreg

the US MM will try to squeeze something out of you. that is a reason Jim Rogers never buys ADRs only the stock in the home stock market because that is where it is easiest to sell.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    #25     Jan 4, 2018
  6. I tried to buy 200 shares at a time every few minutes today, worked nicely. I think 4.5k shares in one go was too big. I'm not a fan of Jim Rogers. I hate FX conversions, that's why ADRs are so useful.

#26     Jan 4, 2018
  7. you're now an official hft

#27     Jan 4, 2018
  8. Good info, Bob. Do you have any insight into why Finra rejected making quotes firm? And who exactly made that request?

#28     Jan 5, 2018
  9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I have no idea. They told me they were surprised, but maybe the filing was not complete. The request was made by the OTC Markets Group. https://www.otcmarkets.com/home

#29     Jan 5, 2018
  10. Daal

Daal

Lack of fills its what is beautiful about OTC, if you are a good trader and are on the right side of the market, you can make a bundle as people get desperate to get in or out but are unable to get filled. this creates price extremes. You want instafills, go to the nasdaq, on OTCs, its a different game and its a lot more fun

#30     Jan 5, 2018