IE goes blank "Invalid syntax error"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kicking, Apr 28, 2004.

1. I also noticed that changes I make in Internet options/privacy are not saved when I click OK , comes right back as it was before.

#31     May 2, 2004
  2. H2O

H2O

I don't know if this will help solve your problems but this is what happened to me.

I had a virus warning (real time scan) and I couldn't get rid of it. (I'm happy it only changed my homepage to another site)

When I contacted support of my virus scanning software they suggested I tried this (and it helped.)

The virus might be located in the section of your harddisk used for recovery. Goto your configuration screen and make sure to turn of the recovery settings. Then reboot.

Hope this helps...

There're also rumors on a big new virus spreading rappidly :mad:

#32     May 2, 2004
  3. Banjo

Banjo

#33     May 2, 2004
  4. Problems might be related to Sasser Worm....

"they believe that the problem may be the incredibly swift proliferation of the Sasser.Worm.

This is a new threat only identified in the past few days by the AV community and is still under investigation as to the exact effects.

Systems Affected:
    Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Systems Not Affected:
    Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 95, Windows
    98, Windows Me, Windows NT

The above list should be treated as a preliminary list due to the short period of analysis so far on this threat.

** DETECTION PROCESS **

To detect the presence of this virus please do the following:

Close all applications running.

Get user to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and switch to 'Process List' tab.

Check for the presence of a file named 'avserve.exe' in this list.

** REMOVAL PROCESS **

If they have other working internet access send user to:symantec "

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.worm.html

#34     May 2, 2004
  5. H2O

H2O

I don't know if this will help solve your problems but this is what happened to me.

I had a virus warning (real time scan) and I couldn't get rid of it. (I'm happy it only changed my homepage to another site)

When I contacted support of my virus scanning software they suggested I tried this (and it helped.)

The virus might be located in the section of your harddisk used for recovery. Goto your configuration screen and make sure to turn of the recovery settings. Then reboot.

Hope this helps...

There're also rumors on a big new virus spreading rappidly :mad:

#35     May 2, 2004
  6. SamW

SamW

Another victim here. Has anyone found a solution yet?

#36     May 3, 2004
  7. Try this:

Boot your system in safe mode with network support.

Go to:

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=125007

Download their free scanner. Scan your entire system (all hard-drives).

There is a virus making the rounds again.

Information here from the super-geeks:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=106059&threshold=5&mode=thread&commentsort=0&op=Change

Once you go there, change the threshold to 4 and higher. This will give you the best information about what is going on.

Goodluck and PM me personally for additional assistance.

#37     May 3, 2004
  8. Has anyone found a fix ?

I downloaded all kind of softwares to remove spyware and nothing has changed.
    I am sick of Mozilla ! God help me !

#38     May 19, 2004
  9. On my computer with this problem, I am still not able to use IE, *but* everything else is ok including charting and dtn quotes.
    Since I have other computers for internet purposes, I'm just waiting for some other reason to reinstall win2k.

#39     May 19, 2004
  10. It's messed up my Esig too. But AOL IM works. I really want to avoid a drastic fix, but am starting to think one might be necessary. That or getting a tech guy in here. Hey Aphie, do you make house calls to Connecticut?

#40     May 19, 2004