IE 7 update please help

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dandxg, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Nevermind, I figured out how to uninstall IE 7, it's not that clear though, nothing under add remove programs. It's time like this I better understand why the hack world hates Bill :mad: :p

#11     Oct 20, 2006
  2. dinoman

dinoman

Note: When you uninstall IE 7 (which is done through Add/Remove programs) your pc will have issues. More than likely you will need to reformat your pc. Use Firefox 2.0 and stay away from the IE POS!

#12     Oct 20, 2006
  3. Not correct from my experience. There was nothing under add remove. I had to go under options where it said uninstall, while in the broswer and everything is working fine with IE 6 reinstalled.

#13     Oct 20, 2006
  4. I'm running Avant (primary as fastest), IE7, and firefox (backup) and have no problems at all.

I have previously uninstalled an early version of IE7 and had no, read zero, problems. LOL ... and where the hell does Firefox 2.0 come from ... I'm an Avant fan and even I know that Firefox's current live version is 1.5.0.7 :)

Note to dan. Yes I liked opera too but for some reason the interface never felt quite right to me ... strange case of individual preference.

#14     Oct 20, 2006
  5. That's interesting. I will to peek at Avant. I use Opera as my third choice.

#15     Oct 20, 2006
  6. How do you like Avant as compared to firefox? I have only heard of Avant twice.

#16     Oct 20, 2006
  7. I couldn't wait. I downloaded Avant. Man is fast !:p

#17     Oct 20, 2006
  8. #18     Oct 20, 2006
  9. Quote from "The Working Guy" at the above link:

"Problem: If you use a browser to do actual work (or even find IE7 is incompatible with your bank's website) you might not want to leap headlong into IE7 until you've given it a thorough going-over. But you don't have a choice: Microsoft will be pushing IE7 to PCs automatically through Windows Update. Wake up one morning (and no one knows what morning that might be; the release date hasn't been announced) and you may find your old familiar IE6 has been replaced with Folgers Crystals."

Wow, the guy is a born comedian. (Mr. Null, huh.) "Wake up one morning"... only if your Windows Automatic Updates option is turned on, to the most hands-off level.

Instead of the two blocker-based, Microsoft's own solutions offered, a better solution by far to avoid an involuntary "push" -- of anything, not just IE7 -- would be to customize the Automatic Updates option, once and for all. Simple, effective, comprehensive solution.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1214412#post1214412

#19     Oct 21, 2006