Idiots and Trend Following Threads (Chit-Chat)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bigbadbaz, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Once the market moves, it's too late? So now you know both my entry points and my time frame of reference? Divine intervention? How can you be so sweeping in your comments? You have absolutely no idea where I look to either enter or exit, and yet you speak for yourself, me and everyone else here. Is this an attention thing again? Forgive me, but your performance does not suggest the kind of credentials required to make such grand statements. However, I do detect an indeterminate weight on your shoulder. A chip, perhaps?

#11     Jul 23, 2007
  2. whoa, truth hurts, i see.

actually, my perfomance, as documented here since 2002 was quite good prior to 9-2006--im in a drawdown stage--hopefully not for much longer! however pointing fingers at my performance doesn't support your argument.

surf

#12     Jul 23, 2007
  3. Is there any place where we can see that track record?

#13     Jul 23, 2007
  4. True. I'm just trying to determine your motivation. Sometimes the why is as indicative as the what.

So, while you were making money (according to you and your journal), TA was ok. Now, that you are in drawdown, no one can make money with TA. (Forget the fact that you were at the radical fringe with your neo-gann "death spiral" contraptions. TA is TA, right? It's all the same, eh?)

As for the truth "hurting," I can't even make the connection. What are you talking about? Is there a parallel universe here that I am not aware of?

#14     Jul 23, 2007

5. sure, but you need to wade thru the surf report, all my trades and my evolution as a trader have been recorded here since 2002.

surf

#15     Jul 23, 2007
  6. ...and/or a desire to attract attention by any means available.

#16     Jul 23, 2007
  7. No worries...Don't give it a thought.

#17     Jul 23, 2007
  8. and here is the 5 min chart with the trend lines drawn in

The entry is pretty obvious

The lines are in so that folks can visualize trend. In fact as one can readily see, there are a number of different trends occuring at any given time.

I think what matters is how one uses the information. Clearly the challenge is to learn to orient yourself to the market or to the trend in productive way..I use a couple of methods including MA's
    pivots, my experience and general observation to produce rules that help me to enter with manageable initial risk, and to reduce risk while maintaining my position until my edge can kick in..

#18     Jul 23, 2007
  9. achilles28

achilles28

You're a good man!

#19     Jul 23, 2007
  10. You're quite the performance artist.

#20     Jul 23, 2007