'Idiot-Savant' Traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rearden Metal, Apr 1, 2006.

'Idiot-Savant' Test: www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html How'd you score?

1. Under 12 (Diplomat)

20 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 13-25 (Pretty normal)

118 vote(s)
    42.0%
  3. 26-31 (Almost there, but not quite)

84 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. 32-40 (Looks like I might be one...)

45 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. 41-50 (Rain Man)

14 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. 1000

Need a vote to see how many unsuccessful traders are happy. Or how many less well offs are unhappy. Or if indebtedness is not related to happiness.

All I have experienced suggests that less well off people are not happy. This is not to be confused with kindness, love and helpfulness.

Just look at nitinparmar.

#61     Apr 2, 2006
  2. Thank you, nitinparmar. That was very helpful.

#62     Apr 2, 2006
  3. Does the Government give money to help support people with Asperger syndrome?

Fat lazy Government worker at counter: "May I help you, Sir? "
    Exchanges: "Oh, yes, Ma'am. I'd like to apply for the government Autistic-Savant support money...."

Fat lazy Government worker: "Huh?"
    Exchanges: "You know, for being an Idiot Savant."

Fat lazy Government worker: "Is that what you are?"
    Exchanges: "Well, I can scalp a thousand pips in the forex per day."

Fat lazy Government worker: [giggles, winks].
    Exchanges: "No, really. I can."

Fat lazy Government worker: "Sounds like you're a savant of some kind."
    Exchanges: "That's why I need the government money."

Fat lazy Government worker: "I see. Let me ask you, um [glances at application] Mr. X, do you feel... stupid?"
    Exchanges: "Only in the morning."

Fat lazy Government worker: "Why is that?"
    Exchanges: "Because I haven't gotten anything done."

Fat lazy Government worker: "Why is that?"
    Exchanges: "Because I just got up!"

Fat lazy Government worker: "Don't get upset, sir." [security guard looks over, smirks]
    Exchanges: "I'm not getting upset."

Fat lazy Government worker: "[sighs] I see... I see. So, how may I help you, Sir?"
    Exchanges: "I'm here for the... you know, I already told you... the Idiot Savant money... Asperger syndrome."

Fat lazy Government worker: "Asswhat?"
    Exchanges: "Assss...perrrr...."

Fat lazy Government worker: "I'm sorry, sir, we don't have anything like that."
    Exchanges: "*cough* ... How 'bout thru Homeland Security?"

Fat lazy Government worker: "Why would you need money for that??"
    Exchanges: "Because, I need to feel secure in my home! If I had one."

Fat lazy Government worker: "Have a good day, Mr. X. Next in line!"

x

#63     Apr 2, 2006
  4. Larry Hite?

#64     Apr 2, 2006
  5. I didn't mean to insult you, and I apologize if I inadvertently did so. After all, you could be of great help to me in determining whether I'm one of you, or not.

I'd really like to know the answer.

#65     Apr 2, 2006
  6. maxpi

maxpi

I scored 28. My dad was a high functioning autistic so I don't know if I learned these behaviors from him or it's genetic. BTW, anybody that thinks that was fun, having an OCD-super miser-autistic person for a dad, you really need to think about it. It pretty much sucked on an ongoing basis. He left me lots of dough however, he was living in a beautiful upper middle class neighborhood in Southern CA in a house with weeds for a lawn and a leaky roof. His neighbors were professionals of every sort, had all these perfect cars, perfect lawns, perfect houses in every way, and weird ole dad had a driveway that needed repairs. two junk cars, weeds and was catching the roof leaks in pots and pans. He had piles of cash sitting around and more of it in bank accounts however, it kind of made up for all the other stuff :)

I do actually have my own chart patterns that I saw years ago and backtested and I do get "gut alarms" that tell me when to exit sometimes so I am making use of my miswired brain to some extent.

I am thinking that this autism stuff is more nurtition related than anything else. I believe that the earth had the huge biblical flood 4400 years ago and before that the vegetation was unbelievably lush and the nutrition was way better. All these modern scientists have the right logic but the wrong assumptions so they never get it right. I find that if I take some of the "Brain Vitality" and "Ultimate HA" supplements and the "Perfect Multi" from purityproducts.com that some of the behaviors go away and most tasks become much easier, esp with the Brain Vitality stuff. The Perfect Multi has IP6 in it which is a chelator, that might help get rid of the mercury over a period of time.

#66     Apr 3, 2006
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

Alot is less "autism" and more mercury toxicity ingested thru vaccinations that have Themirosal...alot of attention has been brought to the fact that Themirosal which is a preservative for some vaccines contains mercury which in turn causes neurological delays. Today the big pharmas are not using themirosal for there vaccines; they now have them in individual containers that hold the right amount for one use. Where as in the old days they used the bigger containers that had more doses and needed this preservative which was invented by Ely lili back in the 30's..Studies according the the government have shown no link whatsoever...but the increase in vaccines from like 8 when i was young to like 15 today and the rise in autism have brought out many skeptics..Even Ahnold has outlawed the use in california and many states have or will follow..the bottom line is the big pharmas dont want the correlation to exist or they will make the tobacco lawsuit look like a small drop in the bucket..Imagine if they ever prove this correlation?? oh boy..and yes many kids get the same vaccine and dont show any neurological disfunction but they have an easier task in getting rid of the toxins than do the kids that show signs that are in the spectrum...

Chelators also get rid of the metals we need...so please consult a physician before attempting

read "nobody Nowhere" by Donna williams...she is autistic and shows thru her eyes what it is to live with autism .which when she was growing up was not even a word...she was cl;assifed by her mother as a nutzo..but she holds a phd...

#67     Apr 3, 2006
  8. I've looked into this matter a bit more, and have two things to say:

1) I stand corrected. Asperger's <b>is not</b> 'the modern P.C. name for idiot-savant', but rather a separate form of high functioning autism.

2) I just ordered some DMSA pills. Perhaps chelating away some mercury can lower my score...

#68     Apr 3, 2006
  9. maxpi

maxpi

These corporations can fight off the lawsuits for decades. I did read up on the mercury situation. There are still plenty of the doses with the mercury in storage for use. They are allowed to remark the date codes and use up old supplies, and they will.

#69     Apr 3, 2006
  10. Thanks for sharing that duard. I had a 4.5 cm prolactinoma (pituitary macroadenoma) that was diagnosed in my mid 30's. I would recommend that any fellow trader who is experiencing depression, regular headaches, sudden change in vision, or any other chemical imbalance or dysfunction get a blood test (get them regularly anyways) from an endocrinologist. Adenomas are much more common than people realize, and the effect on males is especially devastating since many will tend to suck it up and dismiss their symptoms.

The wrestler Andre the Giant suffered from acromegaly -- overproduction of growth hormone as with the gentleman you describe. I apologize for going off-topic, but any tumor of the pituitary gland can be devastating, so maybe this can be of help.

Regards,

PTR

#70     Apr 3, 2006