'Idiot-Savant' Traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rearden Metal, Apr 1, 2006.

'Idiot-Savant' Test: www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html How'd you score?

1. Under 12 (Diplomat)

20 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 13-25 (Pretty normal)

118 vote(s)
    42.0%
  3. 26-31 (Almost there, but not quite)

84 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. 32-40 (Looks like I might be one...)

45 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. 41-50 (Rain Man)

14 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. i am shooting for a "50" babbbbbyy....bring it on' Rain Man

#31     Apr 1, 2006
  2. Making a online diagnosis and then admitting you are not well read on autism. ET and this thread is going downhill.

#32     Apr 2, 2006
  3. hmmm...maybe 'cuz he's interested in anythin' related to psychiatrty/psychology and likes to discuss it??
    do u need to be a dr to talk 'bout medicine?
    where are u gettin' at.

#33     Apr 2, 2006
  4. There are a lot of Apsies in this world who have a hard time in life not least because of the the misinformation that is offered to the world. There is a group of them who want to be recognised as a minority group. I don't think the ignorance of some of these posts helpes their cause.

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/index.php?page=about

#34     Apr 2, 2006
  5. I dont know $RM$ would have made an online diagnosis, he has access to many bright medical minds, certainly more than the average person.

But to put things in perspective here, you will find very broad crossover symptomology among MOST of the current phsychological/neurological spectrum of disorders, from the very mild autistic disorders, through the full range of schizophrenic/behavioural disorder spectrum (including adhd etc)
    Its a fact, feel free to do your own research-you will find, the people diagnosing, writing books about, much less "treating" these things, know virtually nothing about the neurology and chemistry involved.

In other words, they are making it up as they go along, in line with the current medical fad of the day.

That shouldnt be news to anyone, i suppose, but their it is.

#35     Apr 2, 2006
  6. I don't think any monority group likes to be improperly represented.

#36     Apr 2, 2006
  7. Monority group? Maybe its just me, but misrepresentation of virtually everything is the status quo.
    Monority group?
    Lets say, i had a relative with aspergers. There is not a snowflakes chance, i would suggest they be involved with the group you posted.

#37     Apr 2, 2006
  8. That group is highly popular with Aspies themselves. It has given a lot of them a lot of hope and inspiration and allowed them to feel very comfortable with themselves and not left to feel awkward for not being neuro-typical.

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/index.php?page=documentview&document=10thingsanautistic

#38     Apr 2, 2006
  9. Well, thats great- like i said do your own research, but this still stands;

"But to put things in perspective here, you will find very broad crossover symptomology among MOST of the current phsychological/neurological spectrum of disorders, from the very mild autistic disorders, through the full range of schizophrenic/behavioural disorder spectrum (including adhd etc)
    Its a fact, feel free to do your own research-you will find, the people diagnosing, writing books about, much less "treating" these things, know virtually nothing about the neurology and chemistry involved."

Minority groups, well, you have to be joking.
    Ive brought this up before, perhaps in bad taste i dont know, but can you imagine a "recluse" social group?

What would be recommended-group therapy???
    I function reasonably, up to and beyond the point of total disfunction.

Do i have a "minority group" that is being misrepresented?
    I have no idea.

Completely OT i guess, but anyway.

#39     Apr 2, 2006
  10. RM, YOU are the idiot. Asperger's has nothing to do with idiot-savancy. I should know. VTY, an Asperger's, not an idiot OR a savant. "By their postings shall ye know them."

#40     Apr 2, 2006