Identifying trend

Discussion in 'Trading' started by farmerjohn1324, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Ok. Well my NZD/USD trade, I closed at a profit of $5,300.

I had the TP at over $20,000 but I decided to close it and not get greedy. Then I reopened it under a new trade with same stops.

#41     Feb 13, 2020
  2. When I'm less tired perhaps. It's 3am here.

#42     Feb 13, 2020
  3. This is the trade I was referring to. I reopened it with same stops. I originally opened it at the earliest candle you can see here.

It got closed out for a loss of $7,029 at the pin bar that almost touches the red SL (the sell price went below it). If it didn't close there, it would have closed six hours later for a profit of $3,881. I'm looking for a way for those pin bars not to close me out. Not sure there is one.

#43     Feb 13, 2020
  4. easymon1

easymon1

fj
    on an image of the infamous trade,
    point an arrow at The Signal 'Pin bar'.
    point another arrow AT your Stop.
    point a third arrow at your Target.
    point a 4th arrow at your Entry.

Here, you make so much money over there, This is what you need.
    http://soundbible.com/suggest.php?q=cash+register&x=0&y=0

Bank 'em Johno

#44     Feb 13, 2020
  5. Do you understand that I'm not trying to enter trades at pin bars?

#45     Feb 13, 2020
  6. easymon1

easymon1

What's this?

#46     Feb 13, 2020
  7. easymon1

easymon1

fj, how Do you enter trades?

#47     Feb 13, 2020
  8. Look for a consistent trend on 90ema of hopefully the past 2 weeks.

#48     Feb 13, 2020
  9. tomorton

tomorton

I always wait for a pullback, not so that I get a discount on the lower entry price but so that price can show me it is resuming its rise. The pullback is from the sequence of bars.

e.g. In an uptrend, consecutive bars have printed higher highs and higher lows. Then a bar prints with a lower high and a lower low - a pull-back. Set a buy order just above the lower high: if price resumes rising it will breach this level and trigger the order. If it falls again to print another bar with a lower range, drag the order lower to the second lower high. If price fails to rise again, drag the order down to the third lower high. And so on, until the trend no longer fits your strategy's definition of an uptrend.

#49     Feb 13, 2020
    farmerjohn1324 likes this.
  10. easymon1

easymon1

that's nice

#50     Feb 13, 2020