Identifying trend

Discussion in 'Trading' started by farmerjohn1324, Feb 12, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

what do your stats tell you?
    defy human nature, do the work yourself.

#11     Feb 12, 2020
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

No, it is not sound logic; your logic is tautological.

#12     Feb 12, 2020
  3. Well it worked today. I made a total of $1072 following the trend. I skipped over many other currency pairs because they didn't have this clear of a trend.

That's better than I've done before.

#13     Feb 12, 2020
    tomorton likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

how did you do it? what triggered your entry? why exit when you did?

#14     Feb 12, 2020
  5. I saw that it was clearly trending down consistently for 2 weeks based on a 90ema. (This was the only currency pair out of about 10 that I checked that I could say this about)

I sold it, and placed SL and TP at points that I eyeballed that would make my prediction either true or false. I got busy with other things, fell asleep for a few hours, and by the time I remembered about it again, I had closed at the TP for $929.

Then a few hours later, I scanned currency pairs (I currently only scan popular pairs because they have the least bid-ask spread). Once again, EUR/USD was the only one with a clear trend. I sold it. This time, I closed it manually at a profit of $143 because I didn't want to get too greedy for the day.

#15     Feb 12, 2020
  6. easymon1

easymon1

bank 'em john-o

#16     Feb 12, 2020
    farmerjohn1324 likes this.
  7. All while on vacation. Living the dream!

#17     Feb 12, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

KISS, you can't, not with 100% accuracy so keep it simple, for me that's just become above 42ema is up and below is down,

Accept nothing is perfect and move on!!

#18     Feb 12, 2020
  9. I had planned on adjusting my EMA after some testing.

So you don't require that it's trending for a certain amount of time?

#19     Feb 12, 2020
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

I use an Envelope 0.01% (2pts on NQ ) of market value so I have a no trend area for sideways, but no above I trade longs, below I trade short.

It improves the odds, not perfect, striving for perfect will hold you back as nothing ever is perfect.

#20     Feb 12, 2020