identifying tops intraday

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by radolym, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Candle pattern.

#11     May 1, 2006
  2. radolym

radolym

I've noticed that on 2 or 5 min chart candle patterns are not reliable. What is your experience?

#12     May 1, 2006
  3. I find that greater the time span - greater the reliability, but candle patterns along with other indicators on a 5 min chart can be quite useful.

Regards,

#13     May 1, 2006
  4. Every active market has an order composed of cycles. So you have to learn how to IDentify cycles. Timing methods predict when the cycles are completed.

#14     May 1, 2006
  5. bellman

bellman

This is very true, but I've yet to be disciplined enough to go back through the data in an organized fashion.

#15     May 1, 2006
  6. Personally I like double tops and head and shoulders tops. The time frame changes depening on what you are watching but software takes care of that automatically
    http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html#GDTOP

#16     May 1, 2006
  7. oswald

oswald

<i>So what if the odds are against you... the reward:risk ratio is with you...
    If played well, expectancy can be high...
    Read Trader Vic's stuff...</i>

Very well said. Tops and bottoms are really not all that hard when in the context of multiple time frames and entries using Vic 2b or 123 reversal points in the smaller time frames. Both afford very nice r/r ratios with the tight stops they provide.

Oz

#17     May 1, 2006
  8. JRLVNV-------------------You've got mail.

#18     May 1, 2006
  9. The best way to identify a top or bottom in any market is usually when I cover! :)

#19     May 1, 2006
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Mschey, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I covered on DELL today around 1430 with a whopping 6 cent profit. Not exactly the optimal exit! ;-) Oh well.....

#20     May 1, 2006