Identify Member Post in Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wallace, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Many forums have a tick symbol alongside thread titles indicating the member
    has a post in 'this' thread

Personally I find that helpful particularly when old threads re-appear with new posts

Will EliteTrader introduce such an indentifier, if not for all previous threads at least
    begin indicating members have posted in 'this' thread

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Are you saying it's a notification to let you know that you have participated in a particular thread?

3. Hi Baron, no, I do receive email notifications

I’m referring to a tick/check mark alongside thread titles on the forum site
    when one goes to the ‘View All Forums and Threads’ page

‘Identify Member Post in Thread’ *

4. I think you are asking to identify a buddy (ies) with a mark next to the various thread titles identifying which thread they have contributed in..without having to open it correct?

Earlier, in another thread, was a buddy list option being suggested also, to get an email when a selected buddy (ies) posted...would this help also?

Obviousley, a mark next to a thread that YOU customize, would enable the use of your cookie file...However getting an email when your buddy (ies) posts, involves other steps...poor Joe...

Michael B.

5. Hi ElectricSavant, no, not referring to 'buddies'

the checkmark would identify 'my' post/s in threads —
    ie when a member goes to the 'View all Forums and Threads' page
    they'll see a 'tick' symbol alongside thread titles identifying any
    threads in which they've posted a reply

6. attached:
    the thread 'problems on news' shows a green tick symbol to the right of the title
    the tick identifies I have a post in the thread

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I see what you're saying but I still don't see the benefit of it to be honest with you. If you participate in a thread and it pretty much dies a few days later and then 6 months down the line somebody replies to it, you're going to get an email notification of their reply to thread anyway, thus indicating that this is a thread you've been involved with before. Having a tick mark in the thread list as well seems to be somewhat redundant. But hey, I'm not under the illusion that my perspective is always right so if others chime in here and tell me it's something they really want, I'm sure we can make it happen.

8. Thanks Baron.