Identical twins compared a vegan diet with meat-eating, and found the vegan diet led to fat loss and

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by Bugsy, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

• Ross and Hugo Turner, a pair of identical twins known as "the adventure guinea pigs," decided to compare a vegan and omnivorous diet and found some striking differences in the results.
    • The twin on the vegan diet had more energy and lost body fat, while his meat-eating counterpart gained more muscle, but also more fat.
    • They also noticed a difference in their gut microbiomes, the beneficial bacteria insider the body that might explain how various diets can prevent chronic disease.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/Health/nu...t-led-to-fat-loss-and-more-energy/ar-BB14SPI4

2. elderado

elderado

You missed the part in the article (at least the one I read) about the vegan losing his libido...

But really an interesting experiment!

virtusa likes this.
  3. Bugsy

Bugsy

Maybe one could take a supplement on top of. Plus they state that may not be something everyone runs into. But yeah, pretty cool experiment. Makes me want to try a vegan diet just for the health and energy benefits.

4. I read this article yesterday but from what I remember: A vegan diet will make you skinny, weak and your 10lb sausage will disappear. What the hell good is that? OMG

virtusa and Relentless like this.
  5. Bugsy

Bugsy

Yeah but those black bean nachos though.

6. virtusa

virtusa

But if you get really fat you have the same problem. I heard that, no personal experience.:D

7. mac

mac

If you have Netflix...Watch the documentary called “game changer”. Lots of top athletes going vegan.. and doing very well if not better! Very interesting.

8. tomorton

tomorton

".........losing his libido..........."!
    Considering I'm in the UK and we're under a second lockdown and all you can do is go out and buy food or jog round the park once a day perhaps I should give this vegan thing a try. I'm climbing the walls here lads..............