IDEM seat prices

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bsparkyman, Jul 23, 2007.

1. The IDEM seat price on the cbot has jumped from the low $30,000's to $48,000 in the last 3 weeks. This is a non equity membership. I have not been able to find anything to explain additional privileges or $$$ payout given to seatholders in merger. Anyone know what is the deal?

2. Munis are raging?

3. Munis?..............are they still even listed anymore? There might be an influx of people who want to own a seat(s) in order to trade at cheaper, member rates instead of paying retail. Maybe there's a new contract pending for trade that can make the seats more valuable.

4. i am a B-4 IDEM seat holder, and i personally watch the seat prices closely - and you are correct about the price swings since the CME deal. i am not sure if i am in the majority opinion in saying this, but i beleive the benefit of the CME deal has more to do with solidifying CBOT's future than anything else. i am a metals trader - and even though CME has a deal to trade NYMEX metals over globex, the merger now ensures that CME will not actively try to push volume towards COMEX. had the merger failed, they might have done so. now their committments will be towards retaining CBOT volume. all this means for CBOT B-4 IDEM seat holders is faith in having a bigger better company you can trust to retain volume. that's my take but i'm not sure others would agree

adam