Ideas for struggling traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steve46, Jun 26, 2008.

1. So far so good, don't let the jerks deviate you from your plan.

If it was not for helpful threads like this there would be zero reason to visit these forums.

Keep it up and ignore the a-holes.

Incognito

#31     Jun 27, 2008
  2. Appreciate the kind words

If you have questions PM me.

Also if you want to help us take back the site so it can be a good place for new traders to learn, check out the informational thread in Feedback forum. A group of us have agreed to ignore trolls and their aliases. You're welcome to join. Either way, we wish you the best of luck in the markets.

Take Care

Steve

#32     Jun 27, 2008
  3. I have to admit, most of this next chart is just experience.

Saw the market breaking down

watching oil, bonds, market breadth including $VOLD, and $ADD

So far the short entry is favorable

As always, risking 2 to make 10

#33     Jun 27, 2008
  4. Again this is experience and I don't recommend it for newbies

I added to my position here

JSSPMK, you will understand why I did it base on our last PM

as can be seen the market came back up and tested the longer MA and failed (at least for now)

Took partial profits on that move back down (+2 pts) so this is in effect a "free trade" now. I will let it run or scratch the balance if it comes back on me.

#34     Jun 27, 2008
  5. Took partial profits here at 1278.75

Still in a free trade

#35     Jun 27, 2008
  6. This is good stuff! Keep it coming! Thanks for the PM reply as well.

#36     Jun 27, 2008
  7. Thanks, appreciate it.

Good luck to you

Steve

#37     Jun 27, 2008
  8. Because its Friday and big players do not want to hold inventory long, we are staying short as long as we can.

The market continues to breakdown

We have a couple more places to scale before we get 10 pts at 1272.75

#38     Jun 27, 2008
  9. Here's a nice look at the current market using 800V candles

Notice the multiple tests of the 80 period MA

#39     Jun 27, 2008
  10. This will be of limited use to newbies, but may help those who are struggling but have some experience.

In the attached chart you can see this market trying to put in a low here. Price is wiggling around not moving significantly either way. When I see this I listen close to my squawk and I read the tape. By "read the tape" I mean Time & Sales..I have it set to show me 100 lots and above. I am looking for a couple of things. First I want to see the numbers start to accelerate by the window and second I want to see size at the bid (or offer) to confirm the move up (or down) if the market fails.

I would say to newbies, don't bother with the squawk. By the time you get adjusted to it, learn the lingo and learn to filter out the noise, "the pit" will be a thing of the past...long gone..

Learning to read the tape however is a good thing at times, and can help you to see how a move develops. Time & Sales...Look into it if you have it.

#40     Jun 27, 2008