Ideas for struggling traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by steve46, Jun 26, 2008.

1. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

the 2401 gave it away; glad you gave props accordingly or i would have called you on it. i wouldn't use it to enter/exit, but thats me; if it works for you...

#11     Jun 26, 2008
  2. Hey Rhino

Much of what I do is taken from research and I am glad to attribute to the people who I learn from

I wanted to give a general idea of what is possible

Actually If you look into this idea in more detail (you may already know this) you will see that it is possible to speed up or slow down your charts by varying the number (V) each bar displays

Proflogics comments regarding that are a good place to start. He uses squares of 7 and 9 as I recall.

I tried quite a few combos before settling on this one..

I also have success with 800V candles.

What may be important to point out here is that depending on the speed of the chart, you can see several kinds of price "formations" that signal moves. As you vary the speed of the chart, the formations become more or less distinct.

Thanks for posting and good luck in the markets

Steve

#12     Jun 26, 2008
  3. Traber

Traber

Thanks for the tips. I also use voume bars and it's b/c of Prof Tread.

I use 400 volume bars for the YM

EDIT. ah sorry just refreshed and saw your post.

Thanks very much. I will try 800. Maybe 400 is too fast for me. In Prof's thread, he use 343 for the YM.

On page 36 he posted the numbers he uses for different types of markets

#13     Jun 26, 2008
  4. Traber

Thanks

The 400V chart works well for the YM, especially in summer when things tend to get a little slow. That contract is a good one to learn on. The ES can get a little hectic when using an 800V chart, that is why I switched to 2401V

Also the way price tests my MAs is a little more clear to me using that 2401V chart. I notice for instance that the retests are easier to identify and jump on..and finally it is easier to identify highs and lows.

Good luck to you

Steve

#14     Jun 26, 2008
  5. Heres another look at the CV chart I use

It is pretty easy to see all the nice tradable signals you can get using this method....

and With this I will stop

Good luck to everyone with their trading

#15     Jun 26, 2008
  6. Traber

Traber

Yeah I'm starting out on the YM. I have read that over and over again that's it's the best for a beginner to start with. Also I see that a lot people simply trade that, no ES or NQ.

One last question.

When you or when you use to trade the YM, what volume bars setting did you use?

Also the 3 period MA line is sweet.

Thanks again

#16     Jun 26, 2008
  7. Traber

I am sorry to say that I never did much with the YM contract

The volume is pretty low and if you want to move size you have to either wait, or build a position over time...I have always been an S&P trader. I have tried the ER but really I like the S&P best.

Sorry I can't be of more help there.

Steve

#17     Jun 26, 2008
  8. Steve, have you checked on "constant size" bars as well? As opposed to "constant volume"?

#18     Jun 26, 2008
  9. I have not

#19     Jun 26, 2008
  10. I realize I said I was stopping a while back but I could not resist posting this nice setup

It speaks for itself.

#20     Jun 26, 2008