Ideas For Now-

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I've been railing on about this for years now. When pot is legalized federally in the US, pot stocks will go to the moon. *sniffs*

#2661     Dec 2, 2020
  2. Anyone can mine Bitcoin? I have a bunch old computer equipment in my kids shower stall. Old Mac's laptops and printers. Last night for a lark I hooked them all up and turned them on and went to bed. I don't know what happened who had sex with who but in the morning there was one token on the floor.My dog left it.

Now I will go try and buy a used car with it.

Thanks J<------ Now I know why you and me get along all my close family are " J's "

#2662     Dec 3, 2020
  3. Shift4 Payments prices stock and debt offering
    Dec. 03, 2020 7:05 AM ETShift4 Payments, Inc. (FOUR)By:
    • Shift4 Payments (NYSE:FOUR) has priced its public offering of 8M shares of Class A common stock by certain selling stockholders at $55.50/share.
    • Underwriters' over-allotment is an additional 1.2M shares.
    • Shift4 will not receive any proceeds from the sale by the selling stockholders.

#2663     Dec 3, 2020
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D
    Stoney... I told you and you never listen... buy XPO.

j/k... great call Stoney. They are spinning off their warehouse ops. Up 3% on low volume.

#2664     Dec 3, 2020
  5. XPO has something else cooking in Europe another spin out and they stand to benefit from a reopening of the economy I think. It is logistics and isn't that what the vaccine roll out needs... I'd also keep an I on that bar code stock Zebra somehow I think they will be involved. I have heard Fed Ex is putting freezers everywhere not so much UPS.

When I was being asked for a credit cared for a $7 purchase of bread I started thinking again about this cashless society-- i don't like it. I can tell you the street folk begging for dollars they don't like it-- what is every homeless person going to get a scanner and bank account! It's undemocratic in a way... But we have this third player now. Shift4Payments....

Zscaler jumps 11% amid strong margins in quarterly beat
    Dec. 02, 2020 4:30 PM ETZscaler, Inc. (ZS)
    • Zscaler (NASDAQ:ZS) has jumped 11% in early after-hours action following its fiscal Q1 results, where solid margin performance helped it beat on top and bottom lines and raise full-year guidance.
    • Revenues jumped 52% to $142.6M. Calculated billings rose 64% to $144.7M, and deferred revenue jumped 51% to $371.9M.
    • Operating income (non-GAAP) jumped to $19.7M from $3.7M.
    • And net losses widened on a GAAP basis, but non-GAAP net income rose to $20M from a year-ago $4.9M.
    • Cash from operations came to $53.5M (38% of revenue), up from $21.4M a year ago. Free cash flow was $42.2M (30% of revenue), up from $9.4M.
    • Liquidity came to $1.42B, up $45.4M from July 31.
    • For its fiscal Q2, it's guiding to revenues of $146M-$148M (above consensus for $140.3M) and EPS of $0.07-$0.08 (vs. consensus for $0.07).
    • For the full fiscal 2021, it sees revenues at $608M-$612M (well above expectations for $588.4M), calculated billings of $755M-$765M, and EPS of $0.37-$0.38 (again, well above consensus for $0.31).

#2665     Dec 3, 2020
  6. I don't know much about Zscaler the name makes no sense. Crappy symbol but short ZS, it might work. I like MIME. You look two years back on the Net and Zs is talking about the same stuff... I don't think they are inventing enough.

#2666     Dec 3, 2020
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

This SPAC coming out today, its going to get a lot of action.

$LAZR

Have we talked about LIDAR here stoney?
    This company, Luminar, has a lock on autonomous vehicles, or so they say. Elon doesn't like LIDAR.

#2667     Dec 3, 2020
  8. I hope readers here can appreciate the water like nature of investing. You will notice a shift in my picks subtle though they are. Still stocks no one talks about, off the radar but they change.

XPO & TA are similar in many ways.

B>R>E>A>K>I>N>G NEWS-! XPO Logistics price target raised to $135 from $105 at Raymond James 07:35 XPO Raymond James analyst… Story temporarily locked. To read stories as they happen please subscribe, Login above, or return in 9 minutes

See Ya in 8 minutes!!!!

#2668     Dec 3, 2020
  9. I am hearing XPO is still a buy! I have to check where I got it but this looks like a case of doubling up. The news is too good!

XPO Logistics spinoff will unlock valuation scenarios, says Susquehanna 07:22 XPO Susquehanna analyst Bascome Majors told investors to buy the shares of XPO Logistics as the company announced it would spinoff its contract logistics business into a new public company which should be completed in the second half of 2021. He believes the spinoff will unlock valuation scenarios above his base case and put it more in line with his previously published upside case of $150. Major reiterated his Positive rating and $150 price target on XPO Logistics shares.

#2669     Dec 3, 2020
  10. Jesus we are having an everyone in the pool moment on XPO-- If this really is only up a bit....
    3%???? JUMP! RUN! DIVE! LUNGE! REACH! EXTEND! COMMIT!

XPO Logistics price target raised to $140 from $125 at KeyBanc

#2670     Dec 3, 2020