Ideas for Art Piece famous Quotations

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jwecme, Sep 7, 2007.

1. jwecme

jwecme

I am going to get an art piece commissioned with many memorable and enriching quotes. I want them to be a mix of inspirational, amusing, sad, basically it is to represent all the states of our emotions.

Here are a few I have found to give you all an idea of what I am looking for. I would be grateful if everyone any ones people can come up with would be great! THey dont have to all be inspirational and heavy some humour ones are great to.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.
    Author: Mother Teresa

I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member. Woody allen

Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it.

John d Rockefeller

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once and awhile you could miss it.

Ferris bueller

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business.

Henry ford

A ''No'' uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a ''Yes'' merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble.

Mahatma Ghandhi

We all agree that pessimism is a mark of superior intellect.

Gk galbraith

My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.

Winston chruchill

Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything

mr miyagi

How can a president not be an actor? Ronald reagan

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it. V ice president dan quayle

"The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed."

Steve biko
    Speech in Cape Town, 1971

“How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.”
    Adolf Hitler

I trust no one, not even myself.
    Joseph Stalin

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
    Martin Luther king

Never hesitate to ask a lesser person. Confucius

When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.
    Author: Lao-Tzu

Greed is good greed is right greed works Gordon ghecko

I don't like defining myself. I just am. Britney speers

2. only quote you need to know

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world wouldn't matter".

Aristotle Onassis

3. In the history of the financial markets, arrogance has destroyed far more capital than stupidity - Jason Trennert (Chief investment strategist, ISI Group, March 27, 2006).

The punishment of wise men who refuse to take part in the affairs of government is to live under the government of unwise men. - Plato

You must automate, emigrate, or evaporate. James A. Baker (General Electric).

I post something new each morning, some from the Trades Alamanac, some from other sources, to: www.stocktrading.com/Tradinginfo.htm in case you care to check from time to time.

The ramblings of a madman are seldom without merit -Don Bright (When walking the streets of San Francisco in the 1980's.

Don

4. andread

andread

two famous from Einstein:

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe

And I like this one a lot:

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

Samuel Johnson

5. There are some great ones here....

http://www.startwright.com/archives.htm

Good luck.