Idea with Potential?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jr07, May 21, 2009.

1. jr07

jr07

John thanks a lot!

Your pointers leave out a majority of candidates in fact, specially given current price levels, the no shorting below 50$ I would imagine would rule out completely any shorting with this system.

Great suggestions, many thanks. I will add them to my filter

J

#21     May 22, 2009
  2. just trade the gaps instead, there is a higher chance of success as its been prooven to work.

take a look at ogxi, cgrb, bbox, atac, rrgb, psys.

sometimes just goin long on a break out gap is very profitable...look at MW http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=MW&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p43796882896 around may 10th. A nice 7pt run up if you have the patience to hold.

#22     May 22, 2009
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Testing it will get better results than asking on ET.

#23     May 22, 2009
  4. jr07

jr07

who are you talking to?

#24     May 22, 2009
  5. absolutely, completely and most unequivocally IGNORE him or any other of the malignant maggots that slither their way into your posts.
    think of them as those uber huge earwigs what Khan had inserted into Chekhov's ear to try to control his mind (Star Trek:The Wrath of Khan). in this case, as your mind becomes agitated, their power increases but if you can ignore or find entertainment in them, they shrivel and die.

#25     May 22, 2009
  6. The problem with this system is that it completely ignores the dynamics of the market and what it is trying to tell you. Usually a stock that creates a large price gap in a direction is telling you something... would seriously advise against buying stocks on weakness in this current environment. I'll leave it at that.

#26     May 22, 2009
  7. This is what backtesting is called. I guarantee you won't like it's results. Too much dd.

#27     May 22, 2009
  8. spoken like a true loser.

#28     May 24, 2009
  9. rdg

rdg

I think it was Andrew Lo that published a strategy that bought stocks that were down on the day and sold stocks that were up. You might be able to find something in his research to help guide you.

#29     May 24, 2009