Idea* Lets all buy the jamba juice company...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 13, 2008.

1. KKD

#11     Feb 13, 2008
  2. I know I'm stepping up the latter market cap wise but this is all about us making a group investment- LETS BUY CABELA's the crazy big box sporting goods store- they do own the real estate... CAB! Under a billion... about $10 grand each from ET members... HUGE RETURN POTENTIAL ~si

#12     Feb 13, 2008
  3. Now you're getting somewhere. We buy CAB and then buy PLA, merge the 2 and create a highly sought after sporting goods catalog!! Be more popular than the SI swimsuit issue.

#13     Feb 13, 2008
  4. #14     Feb 13, 2008
  5. You know girls with guns is always an easy sell. And what we do is have the PLAY gals do the selling on the Cabela floor. ! shwing! I like where this is going, if we could only work in the smoothy's and maybe a green play... Metabolix MBLX is a nifty chem company beaten to sh*t with a biodegradable plastic... that would be the perfect blank check company-

Play / CAB / MBLX / JMBA / KKD
    .. ~ stoney

#15     Feb 13, 2008
  6. I live in L.A. where I *think* Jamba Juice was created and all I can tell you is that it was a strong craze for awhile and now people could care less. It had that "healthy" tag going for it but then everybody realized that they put ice cream and sherbert and sugar in these 24 oz cups and that they weren't healthy at all. Later on Jamba Juice created the "100% fruit" smoothies, but by that time a lot of their customers were gone.

If the store is dying here in a 365 days of summer state, I can't imagine how it's doing in the cold ones.

#16     Feb 13, 2008
  7. i heard somewhere people eat more ice cream in vermont and other northern states than anywhere.

#17     Feb 13, 2008
  8. spinn

spinn

My college roommate owns a chain of smoothie stands, primarily located in the northeast.....they are doing just fine.

As long as you keep expenses low, it is a good business. Where I live, soccer moms who have never worked a day in their lives pay $8 for a smoothie all day long.

I cant tell you how many times I saw a someone with three kids pay $30 for 4 smoothies....how do dumb people get so much money?

The average income for the owner of each store seems to be about $50 k....some are as high as $150 k per store.

#18     Feb 14, 2008
  9. I think I've seen my future just now. An old perverted man selling fruit smoothys to the soccer moms in Ct...
    I could even give the moms a little booze in theirs to keep things fun.... but then someone would have to drive the kids home.. i'd need a driver and a van... but then we could cross sell pizza... it's the little businesses that rake in the big $... The best thing you can do in nyc is open a nail salon in an area unserved with high rises... that's from a man with 10 years in retail- clothing. ~ stoney

#19     Feb 14, 2008
  10. Well remember, that's the woman paying $30 for 4 smoothies. She doesn't know anything about money. All she knows is that it's in her hubbby's bank account.

#20     Feb 14, 2008