Idea for economic reform

Discussion in 'Economics' started by lg6s, Jun 2, 2012.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

Like I said it doesn't matter if you have money it won't mean anything soon.

#11     Jun 3, 2012
  2. lg6s

lg6s

The point of my idea is to make sure that the US remains competitive economically. Having no minimum wage, a simple tax system, and less bureaucracy would at least revive industry and result in more people working. Having a citizen's dividend would prevent the US from looking like India, with people making $100000 a year living next to people living on a dollar a day. The citizen's dividend would lessen people's dependence on credit and an inefficient government. The citizen's dividend would encourage consumption from the poorest. It would give the start up capital poorest to create small businesses.

#12     Jun 3, 2012
  3. Humpy

Humpy

Giving away the sort of money you are talking about would be hyper inflationary and therefore useless. Sorry to pour cold water on your idea , but it wouldn't do any good and would do a lot of harm to make matters even worse.

#13     Jun 4, 2012
  4. Just print up your own money exclusively for your friends/family/community.

#14     Jun 6, 2012
  5. Humpy

Humpy

Each state could invent it's own money. A New York $ might then equal 2 Californian $s.
    Then insist that each state pays it's own way. No bailouts/handouts from the rest.

#15     Jun 6, 2012
  6. floating rates are needed, and we could trade fx.

#16     Jun 6, 2012
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

Some places have done this.

#17     Jun 6, 2012
  8. the Rothchilds let each family run their own bank in their own region, but if anyone ever got in trouble, all the brothers united to bail him out and more importantly, to crush the competition.

#18     Jun 6, 2012
  9. You would have done the same for your family, wouldn't you?
    :D

#19     Jun 6, 2012
  10. no kidding, I've bailed them out so many times for the good of the family, and my father had to bail me out a few times (literally) in my wayward youth.

#20     Jun 6, 2012