Idea: Bookmarks / List of Fav Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by EMini-Player, Oct 1, 2009.

1. A bookmarking feature would be a great way to keep track of (the few) worthwhile posts . I know you can currently subscribe to a thread for updates; I'm not referring to that. I mean a bookmarking feature that will allow people to compile their own list of useful posts. Perhaps these lists can be shared/displayed on the user's profile so others can also find the most useful posts :cool:

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I like it. I will make it happen.

3. Also, Baron, why not write some kind of program which doesn't allow anyone BUT sponsors to post in the announcement section. I don't know if you noticed but some nutcase lately has been creating new aliases and starting a lot of worthless garbage in that section.

PS Excellent idea, Fast_Trader :)

4. Thanks, looking forward to it! :)

5. Also, just want to clarify, that the user should be able to bookmark a "thread" or bookmark a specific "post", because a lot of times only 10% of the posts within a thread are worthwhile.

Thx.

6. byteme

byteme

Have you ever tried Delicious? http://delicious.com/

7. this best idea i've heard in long time

8. Great - can you also show, in the thread itself, how many times that post has been bookmarked as well (maybe by percentage of thread viewers or something like that)?

Thanks,
    Mike

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think the easiest way to do this is numbering the posts, then you don't even need the bookmark, one can just note the number one liked.

This is the only message board I know on the net that DOESN'T number posts. It would be also easier to refer to certain posts, like : "Look up post #344 in that thread, there was a chart posted" or something....

Just a thought.

10. byteme

byteme

The forum software here doesn't seem like it has been updated in a long time.

The ability to permalink to individual posts in a thread with a unique ID is a start.

As for the bookmarking thing. I have no idea why Baron would want to add further load to his servers when he can easily offload the work to well established third-party bookmarking services such as Delicious, StumbleUpon or even Google's bookmarking.

All that's required is the bookmarking links be available somewhere on the thread and/or each post. Job done.

#10     Oct 5, 2009