I'd rather make 20% Auto trading than

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chipmunk, Nov 26, 2008.

1. TIMMY57

TIMMY57

one shouldn't measure success in trading by ROI% as money is practically "free" day trading. What's really the measure is risk vs variance

#21     Nov 27, 2008
  2. TIMMY57

TIMMY57

at least 2 people per auto system.... what did you pull that shit out of your ass. Most people who have a profitable auto system trade the damn thing on their own. Why would you need 2 people / auto system. Damn you're an idiot

#22     Nov 27, 2008
  3. Mr J

Mr J

Sacrificing a higher return to gain a lesser workload is a luxury that one can only afford when well-capitalised.

#23     Nov 28, 2008
  4. what???

#24     Nov 28, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

The 1st great challenge in trading is to "figure it out"... the 2nd great challenge is to "figure it out again after it's changed".

The market behaves in one way for a while, then changes. Unless you change what you do, prior behavior which was successful becomes wrong behavior.

That's what I mean by "not being durable". And just because your automated trading system has worked for 6 months or 1 year, doesn't mean it's durable. There are many examples of traders who had great success then blew out.

#25     Nov 28, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

So, was that fun? Taking a dig at me?

1. Just because YOU said successful and durable autotrade systems exist doesn't make it so.

2. "Very FEW traders are ever going to achieve signifiant autotrade success"... was my point.

And you tell me, "I should know better, of course they exist"?

Lame.

#26     Nov 28, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

Re: I'd rather make 20% Auto trading than
    do both, 20 + 35 = 55%, wow!

#27     Nov 28, 2008