I'd like to become a better trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PO, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hi D ... IB Alerts work great. There's an icon for it on the main TWS page (if you've enabled it in the configuration process) to set up a new alert. Basically it steps you through it ... select the instrument, select the box for "price", and make one alert for ">" (type in desired price) for the b/o, and one for "<" (type in desired price) for the b/d.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Edit: That may not have been too clear ... you'll need 2 separate alerts, one for the b/o and one for the b/d. :)

#641     Jan 9, 2012
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

Now, how do we get the alert price to auto-adjust in real time based on an ascending or descending trend line :p

#642     Jan 10, 2012
  3. Redneck

Redneck

I’m bored so I gota trade

The answer is only limited by your imagination

Read a book
    Watch a movie
    Listen to music
    Clean your guns
    Sharpen your knives
    Set up an elliptical trainer by you desk, in site of your monitor, then take a walk
    Build a model
    Paint a picture
    Set up and indoor shooting range with an airsoft gun

On and on and on

We all go through it - just don't make more of it, than what it is

I am bored, and I need something to occupy my mind while the mkt rests/ decides what to do next

RN

#643     Jan 10, 2012
  4. Keep adjusting it to the latest bar? (b/o's will be close enough to the TL's). But then, yeah, that kinda defeats the purpose. :(

#644     Jan 10, 2012
  5. PO

PO

Thanks everybody for commenting. I know that I'm the one who has to do the work.

1300 seems almost inevitable based on monthly and weekly range extension as well as being a round number magnet. So 1280 would be a good level to buy at for a swing up. I will be looking for a good set up around 1280 to buy.

#645     Jan 10, 2012
  6. ammo

ammo

that's what you think,what do you see,it doesn't have to be right,just narrow it down to 2 or 3 possibilities,seeing those and watching how they play out helps in the keep narrowing it down over time to more accurate guess scenarios and tossing the ones that don't often work,that's the homework,that's what you do when bored,play detective

#646     Jan 10, 2012
  7. emg

emg

u need coach mojitos!

#647     Jan 10, 2012
  8. emg

emg

#648     Jul 26, 2013