I'd like to become a better trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PO, Feb 2, 2011.

1. PO

PO

back short 4 es again @1301.5, stop 1302.5

is has to break one way or another, doesn't it?

#31     Feb 2, 2011
  2. PO

PO

this lack of movement is very frustrating, why don't I listen to myself and take a break????
    close for -.5 loss.
    break will 2 pm

#32     Feb 2, 2011
  3. PO

PO

thanks, I think keeping the journal real time helps me focus on my trading and keeps me accountable to myself.

#33     Feb 2, 2011
  4. nothing says it has to do so today, right?

And while it will "break one way or the other," you seem already to have decided it will only break lower, haven't you?

Good Luck,

d-day

#34     Feb 2, 2011
  5. PO

PO

you are right, my question was sort of rhetorical, or course it doesn't have to.

and it looks like it's not going to break today after all. but I'm not playing this congestion anymore until a clear trade emerges.
    the reason I was playing it to the downside was that we had a series or LH, but defending 1300 es is a priority for today. Yet YM can't break 12k...

#35     Feb 2, 2011
  6. PO

PO

long 4 es @ 1302.75, stop 1301, target YH and then R1 possible.
    we broke through the high of the last 2 hours finally. and $tick and YM at new high for the day, but NQ and ES are not.

#36     Feb 2, 2011
  7. PO

PO

out 2 1302.25, -5 point again. :(
    back in the congestion range.
    what a day ...

going away from the screen again.

#37     Feb 2, 2011
  8. Shagi

Shagi

Hey Noobs I don't get it - why would anyone day trade this toxic ES/YM/NQ today - other than a need to gamble & hope. There is no excuse for losing money today.

#38     Feb 2, 2011
  9. PO

PO

If I had a crystal ball and knew this morning that today would be a congestion day I would have gone to the beach. Did you know since morning that today would be mostly 3 point day?

yes, I made a few mistakes trading this congestion in the afternoon, but I didn't expect the whole day of congestion. It's very easy to assess after the fact, how about you post your comments before hand and help out your fellow traders?

#39     Feb 2, 2011
  10. Shagi

Shagi

Noobs - No I didn't know it was going to be a 3 point day and noone else knew beforehand. But I know that I don't have either a strategy to make money in a 3 point range or enter gazzillion trades in such a tight range.

No crystal balls required or voodo noobs, in future experience will teach you how to recognise a congestion market and one thats trending.

#40     Feb 2, 2011