I'd just like to inform everyone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shark, Mar 31, 2010.

1. I either read it in a book or on line and lost all my bookmarks when I reworked my computer. At any rate if I can find the paper I'll post. The psych also had a guy who thought he was the virgin mary and put him in a room with a 'jesus".

As far as I can recall, two "gods" ended up not speaking to each other, one set of "gods', one had convinced the other to give up and the virgin mary and jesus argued continuously, never resolving their issues.

#11     Apr 1, 2010
  2. At least be grateful we can have these discussions. Not everyone enjoys the same freedom.
    BEIRUT – The lawyer of a Lebanese TV psychic who was convicted in Saudi Arabia for witchcraft said Thursday her client could be beheaded this week and urged Lebanese and Saudi leaders to help spare his life.

Attorney May al-Khansa said she learned from a judicial source that Ali Sibat is to be beheaded on Friday. She added that she does not have any official confirmation of this. Saudi judicial officials could not be immediately reached for comment.

A Lebanese official said Beirut has received no word from its embassy in Riyadh about Sibat's possible execution. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

The Saudi justice system, which is based on Islamic law, does not clearly define the charge of witchcraft.

Sibat is one of scores of people reported arrested every year in the kingdom for practicing sorcery, witchcraft, black magic and fortunetelling. These practices are considered polytheism by the government in Saudi Arabia, a deeply religious Muslim country.

Later Thursday, a dozen people demonstrated near the Saudi embassy in Beirut's western neighborhood of Qureitim. Four of the men wore masks to look like executioners and carried a wooden gallows with a cloth bag hanging from it.

One of the men carried a small banner that read in Arabic: "Don't kill."

#12     Apr 1, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

What's the scarier way to go, you think, beheading or hanging?

#13     Apr 1, 2010
  4. Sounds very entertaining. Please do post if you find something.

Reminds me of that preacher in Bill Mayer's anti-religion movie who was claiming he was handpicked by god to deliver the message etc. Meanwhile, he was rich, had on all kinds of gold jewellry, the whole nine. Very entertaining as this guy actually believed he was some sort of special messenger.

#14     Apr 1, 2010
  5. Hanging ... it is gross.

Beheading ... at least with a Guillotine is supposed to be painless.

However ... neither group does well in interviews.

So there is no conclusive subjective data.

#15     Apr 1, 2010
  6. Hanging if done correctly(long drop) is supposed to sever the spine and essentially the same as Guillotine , most people incorrectly associate hanging with strangulation.

#16     Apr 1, 2010
  7. shark

shark

How about if the beheading was one of those Taliban beheadings? Oh boy, that sounds like a jolly time.

#17     Apr 1, 2010
  8. I'm all for beheading taliban leaders and feeding them to their followers.

Yeah , the only Military Science class I didn't ace was Military Professional Ethics.

quote to Full Bird Colonel in Military School: "Sir, I fight to win. Sir"

#18     Apr 1, 2010