Ichimokukinkouhyou ?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Riskadverse, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Does anybody out there know anything about this japanese form of technical analysis?

The internet doesn't really help and can't find it in any books.

Thanks.

2. Richard L. Weissman's "Mechanical Trading System, Pairing Trading Psychology with Techincal Analysis" explains in detail Ichimoku's trading system.

He also compares it with Bollinger Bands suggesting this as a more robust system.

3. thanks, i'll check it out.

Have you ever used it ? Is it helpful for your trading style ?

4. I found Ichimoku to be complicated, but I would suggest you to don't follow my advice, I'm in the learning process.:D

I'm using Bollinger Bands as a trend-following system and I'm starting to do just OK.

5. i'm just starting out as well, and it does look complicated.

can i ask what you trade ? I am looking at bund/bobl, but to say it's hard is an understatement !!

Also, do you use any other technical analysis along side the bollinger band ?

Thanks

6. John Bollinger's "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands" suggests using the bands with other indicators as the RSI.

I have also incorporated a crazy idea I had of combining Japanese Candlesticks with Bollinger Bands.

Bollinger indicates that when the price closes above the upper band a buy signal is generated, but I have found that if this closing above is produced by a white long candlestick the signal is much more reliable that if it produced by a black candlestick or a doji.

What to trade is a question I haven't solved yet, sometimes I think that ETFs like QQQQ, SPY, DIA, XLE, etc. can be good alternatives. I think that focusing in a small group can be better, but I don't know yet.

7. Thanks for this, much appreciated.
    Good luck.

8. Isn't seppuku what you really need? :D :D

9. completely.
    Very quick, very easy !!!

10. #10     Aug 4, 2005