Ichimoku Trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by resurrector, Jul 15, 2011.

1. EurUsd 23 Aug 2011

Price action was kind of slow initially.

Placed stop in order for short. Short order was triggered later on. Set a target price to close half of the position.

There was price retracement. Thought that could be stop hunting. Placed a technical stop loss to close half of the position. Howevre, it was not triggered. Order removed.

Price moved lower. Reaching my target price. Half of the position closed.

After 1000h, news of new home sales released. Less than forcast. Closed half of the remaining position.

The remaining position was stopped out subsequently.

Good profit for the day.

#21     Aug 23, 2011
  2. Hello zhaoyun,

These are the default parameters set by Oanda built in charting. I am just using it "wholesale".

However, if you like to know more, there are plenty of websites discussed about these parameters.

Without going too much into details, the parameters 9, 26 & 52 were used as the trading week was 6 days long when ichimoku was created in the 1930s. With the trading week being 5 days long, the parameters have now been changed to 7, 22 & 44.

regards,
    res

#22     Aug 23, 2011
  3. zhaoyun

zhaoyun

Hello resurrector,

you should try 9,26,52, it may improve your results.

best regards.

-zhao

#23     Aug 23, 2011
  4. Hello zhaoyun,

Will have a look at it.

I do not really want to do a indicator fitting to the price action.

Regards,
    res

#24     Aug 24, 2011
  5. EURUSD 24 Aug 2011

It was another choppy day.

Price moved upwards after the released of news (US durables ex. transport.) Placed a stop in order for long, got triggered. New high was established. However, there was no strength in the momentum. Price retraced backwards. Half of the position was square off with the remaining being stopped out.

A short position was established accordingly. Similarly, new low was established. However, the joy was short lived. Price retraced upwards. Square off the position when price traded the top of the kumo cloud.

A day with losses.

While ichimoku charting is used as a trend following charting, there is a need to look into the price action established before the market start.

Similarly, the price action that follows through need to further examine if there is need to stay in the trade or stay out of the trade.

#25     Aug 24, 2011
  6. EURUSD 25 Aug 2011

It was again another day of tsunami...

A short position was initiated as the price was trading below the ichimoku kumo cloud. While there was price retracement thereafter, it traded lower gradually.

After weakof jobless claim data at 0830h, price traded significantly lower. However, some support was shown at 1.4410. Price continued to trade in range bound.

Another short position was initiated according to trade plan.

Shortly after, the support at 1.4410 was penetrated.

The joy was short-lived though. A surge of tsuami came along, tenkan-sen cut the jikun-sen instantly, price shot up the ichimoku kumo cloud, stop loss triggered.

No idea on the intervention at this moment.

#26     Aug 25, 2011
  7. 26 Aug 2011

Not a very good start. Initiated a short position. Was stopped out.

A long position was intiated thereafter. Recovered the loss for the earlier trade after closing out part of the position.

Remaining position was stopped out later on.

Ended the day with little profit.

#27     Aug 29, 2011
  8. EurUsd 29 Aug 2011

First day of the week.

Started well with long position when the price traded above the ichimoku kumo cloud from below. This was furthered confirmed by tenkan-sen cutting the kijun-sen, and chikou-sen cutting above kumo cloud from below.

Partial position was sold off as price traded near the top of kumo cloud. The remaining position was closed out and the price penetrated into the kumo cloud.

A short position was initiated @ 1.4513. However it was not triggered.

A short (& smaller) position was established @ 1.4522. Though the price traded below the ichimoku kumo cloud, this was NOT confirmed by tenkan-sen and kijun-sen, chikou-sen had also not traded below the kumo cloud. This position was closed out with a loss.

Closed the day with profit.

#28     Aug 29, 2011
  9. GBPUSD 13 Sep 2011

It had been quite some time since I last updated.

I was busy with work, and also option trading.

Have started option trading with thinkorswim. They have a branch office in Singapore.

Refering to my fx trade, I had taken a short position when an opportunity arised in the daily period.

The trade is still open as I written this post. The position was established on 06 Sep 2011.

#29     Sep 13, 2011
  10. EURUSD 13 Sep 2011

Not a very good start for the week.

Went long initially after the tenkan-sen cut jikun-sen. Stopped out at break even.

Went short when price traded below the kumo cloud, but was stopped out when it went for reversal.

#30     Sep 14, 2011