Ichimoku ES Futures Trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by IchibomB, Jun 10, 2010.

1. IchibomB

IchibomB

Yes, I had a monthly average of 22% gained for 6 months swing trading stocks $2-$10 after studying Ichimoku for nearly a year. I'm paper trading futures to test my methodology and I haven't had a losing trade yet (5 trades total) My win ratio in stocks was 3:1 and I hope to improve that here.

I do quite well for myself and I don't care if you think it's bullshit. So do most people that haven't studied it for as long as myself and the pro traders that use it in Japan. It's not that well known over here.

#11     Jun 14, 2010
  2. IchibomB

IchibomB

I just started a blog and this was my post last night.
    Everything is moving along except /GC didn't break the cloud so I didn't hop in. Daily is still bullish so I'm watching. Will update with a play on that soon. My hands are full at the moment.

Posted on June 14, 2010 by ichibomb
    /ES – Buy above the cloud on the 5 minute. Hourly is bullish as well. Looking for a buy at 1091.

EUR/JPY – Brought to my attention by Rossj on HSM. Nice find!

Buy above the 5 minute cloud

Also a buy on the hourly. Price cross above TS into the bucket on the daily. Overall trend bearish,
    but running for a possible swing. Looking for a buy at 112
    Expecting some minor draw down to 111.33.

/GC – I’m looking at a long play at 1032, just above the 5 minute cloud.

If they don’t work out, get over it and move onto the next play.

#12     Jun 14, 2010
  3. IchibomB

IchibomB

It's not that complicated when you consider a lot of traders use MACD, RSI, Accum/Dist, OBV, Stoch, TRIX, ADX, PPO, etc.

However, some traders just use a bar chart with trendlines and support/resistance.

Everyone is different and as long as your strategy is consistent and you're making money than it's all good with me.

I know this works amazingly well and that's why I stick to it. I wouldn't have been using it for this long if it didn't produce the consistent profits that I am seeing.

Ichimoku is an at a glance chart and it's very simple once you fully understand it but it does take time like anything worth doing.

I will say that Stoch, TRIX, and OBV are complimentary to Ichimoku.

Stoch - Basic overbought/oversold signals

TRIX - Will help keep you in a longer swing without getting shook out.

OBV - shows where smart money is going.

#13     Jun 14, 2010
  4. IchibomB

IchibomB

EUR/JPY - saw a TS/KS bear cross for the sell at 112.70 (+70 pips)

/ES - saw a TS/KS bear cross and a price cloud cross at 1097 (+6 points)

/GC - still not ready for a play yet.

#14     Jun 14, 2010
  5. IchibomB

IchibomB

/ES - looking at the same buy at at 1091 again which should give me a bull TS/KS cross for entry.

Looking to the 1 minute for current price direction. Bears are holding it down for the time being.

[​IMG]

#15     Jun 14, 2010
  6. IchibomB

IchibomB

Overall the daily is bear but price may have some support here in the middle of this channel.

[​IMG]

Looking at the hourly, we're in a bull run with a weak sell/short. Watching to see if CS
    can break resistance for a long play. If it proves to be resistant, I'll look to short below the
    middle of the channel (dotted green line)
    [​IMG]

5 Minute shows all indicators bull and rising.
    [​IMG]

#16     Jun 15, 2010
  7. I must say Ichi is fascinating. Thanks for your posts. Since I have little idea how to use where can one read up on. It's quite a mystery with little discussion. I just loaded it on 5 min ES. Is it suggested to use globex or RTH hours it changes the chart quite a bit. It appears you use globex.

#17     Jun 15, 2010
  8. IchibomB

IchibomB

I don't know your style of trading but I typically only trade 1-3 lots per day. So for me the ideal play would be to watch the hourly for long/short signals and then time it with the 5 minute.

I have a journal you can check out. I'll send it to you.

#18     Jun 15, 2010
  9. Thanks much I found some videos on YT and will check out your journal.

#19     Jun 15, 2010
  10. IchibomB

IchibomB

As I pointed out in the previous /ES charts....

CS broke the trendline on the /ES hourly for a long position.
    Entry 1090
    Currently 1097

#20     Jun 15, 2010