iceman's options trading journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by iceman1, Nov 6, 2005.

1. I did get filled on AAPL Jan06 70 Puts on my GTC order @ 4.20 - this looks to be a decent fill - then I sold some Jan 65p when AAPL pulled back near lows - still long the Jan 62.50p also -

AAPL has got to crack- IMHO - so I recommend keeping it on the radar screen for a short entry - if you missed the recent move higher--- (like I did) at least we can salvage something by trying to catch the top -- :eek: :eek: :eek: and riding it back to the

40s

(sort of facetious about the "top")

AAPL

what's that saying

"looking god Billy Ray... feeling GOOD Louis" !!

I thunk I nailed it-- filled my Jan 70p at contract lows -

BBY

looks like the DEC 50c "may" be toast - but- with triple witching and year-end trading- it's hard to know for sure this far ahead of expiry.

MNX

I bought three (3) of the MNX XO (Dec 175 puts) @ 5.50 - sold for 6.7-6.80 -- tried to buy more to open when market was up - but I got too cute -

then I immediately tried to buy MNX LV below the market- i.e. Dec 162.50 calls -- but no fill

this is the 2nd time I have traded a small # on this contract-- gonna get into some size after getting a better read on market direction over next few days. NDX could easily still re-test 1700 levels.

VLO

disappointed so far on VLO trade- scratched my long Dec 100c for a +.5 gain - but still long some Dec 100 calls @2.35 in another account -

this one has me confounded.

Anyone get a read on VLO over next 2 weeks?

p.s. I sold four (4) APPLE Dec 65 puts for HOD = 1.40

still long 14 AAPL Jan 62.50 puts - sold my AAPL Dec 70p at 5.40 = +1.20 per (a little too early- darn@@&&#- gave up about 450 in day profits -- had I been more patient- bad traded - disappointed I rushed my exit on APL 70 puts)

#41     Nov 29, 2005
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Iceman, good to see you are doing a journal. A little suggestion here to help people follow along and see how you are doing is to keep track of your open and closed p&l. Otherwise these journals become hard to follow as you are constantly adjusting positions. Good luck!

#42     Nov 29, 2005
  3. hi Maverick

just read your post tonight--- thanks for the suggestion - will start posting more specifics on the trades - and pay more attention to the Journal hopefully beginning Jan 1, 2006.

regards !

#43     Nov 30, 2005
  4. MNX

just entered

+4 mnx MX (Jan06 172.50p)

@ 3.80

will look to add after Friday

then - leg into mnx MW (167.50p) @ >$2

already have position in

+ 10 Jan 170 Puts (3.60)
    - 10 Dec 170p (2.20)

-$1.60

closed 1/2 dec 170p @ .55

#44     Dec 14, 2005
  5. ANF

GTC order to buy 15 ANF Jan 65p @ 2.50 - looking for ANF to trade to >$65 this week

#45     Dec 14, 2005
  6. If you expect ANF to trade above $65 why are you buying $65 puts?

#46     Dec 14, 2005

7. huh ? sorry??

these are Jan

#47     Dec 14, 2005
  8. I am trying to follow. You said you are placing an order to buy ANF puts and then say you expect it to move higher above $65 this week. Is there something missing? Are you expecting it to then move back lower by JAN expiration?

#48     Dec 14, 2005

9. :D :D

yes-- the order is below the market -- to take into account possible expiration at 65 this week - I may have to tweak my price a little.

and yes- I am "scaling" into ANF puts seeking a profit from a reversal in trend on the underlying - now, whether I keep them as a directional trade or modify it to a bull or bear spread remains to be seen. Yes, I expect ANF to be (much) lower by Jan expiry despite all the ANALysts who proclaim to love this stock.

I think the stock is reaching a tradeable "top"- and although we can't 'pick a top' - I think this is a decent time to enter with expected post-Xmas weakness in ANF. Of course some analysts say it may re-test August highs near 70 - but we all know most analysts can't trade themselves out of a paper bag.

regards,

Ice
    :cool:

#49     Dec 14, 2005
  10. Ok thanks. Personally if it were not for the 19-year old female sales clerks with tight ANF gear on and healthy Juggs I probably would not go in the store lol

#50     Dec 14, 2005